How do I get skype to rign on PC

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How do I get skype to rign on PC

Have been using Skype for 2+ years on Win 7 PC. Have it set for ringing on Speakers and communicating on headset. With each new update I have more trouble getting it to ring on speakers. Now it doesn't ring at all on either device.  The test call works fine and the speakers work fine for other audio.

I have un-installed skype, cleaned up the registry, run a quick defrag and re-installed skype. Still no ringing! Anyone have any ideas?

waynej
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (94 Views)

Re: How do I get skype to rign on PC

Try Below:

Set the sound output to Speakers.

In the call, Click Call quality >> Speaker >> Set the output to your Speakers.

setspeaker.png

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Type: mmsys.cpl and press Enter

Click on Playback >> Set the speakers device as default (Set as default playback device & Set as default communication device).

sound10.PNG

Click on Communications >> Select Do Nothing >> OK.

sound9.PNG

In Skype, Go to Tools >> Options... >> Audio settings >> Make sure Speakers and Ringing both set to Speaker / Headphones >> Save changes.

sound11.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8192
Message 2 of 6 (86 Views)

In the call, Click Call quality >> Speaker >> Set the output to your Speakers.

setspeaker.png

How are you getting this box to come up? I don't seem to have that one. Have done everything else you suggested but still no ring.

waynej
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (78 Views)

Doesn't anyone have a answer? I need a ring or I will miss all my calls.

waynej
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (69 Views)

Make a call then click on the Call quality white.PNG icon.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8192
Message 5 of 6 (66 Views)

waynej wrote:

Doesn't anyone have a answer? I need a ring or I will miss all my calls.

In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Audio settings. What device do you see selected there for Ringing?

Open also Tools -> Options -> Sounds. Can you hear the ringing sound when you press the “Play this sound” button?

What is the text on the button just below this test button? It should be “Mute all sounds”. Be aware that is it’s saying “Enable all sounds”, then the sounds are actually muted.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7400
Message 6 of 6 (63 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling