How can I "auto accept" a file transfer? skype 5.5

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I "auto accept" a file transfer? skype 5.5

Hi,

I'm using Skype 5.5 and I want to set up the "auto accept files" option I used to have in the older version.

Unfortunately I can't locate that option.

Can someone tell me where to find it please?

Thanks in advance

daat99
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 10 (16,907 Views)

Re: How can I "auto accept" a file transfer? skype 5.5

I can’t recall that there ever has been an “auto save” option but if you go to Tools -> Options -> IM settings -> Show advanced options, then in the section “When I receive file” you can select whether you want to specify the folder where to save the file every time you receive a file or to have a pre-selected save folder. If you select the second option, then you only need to click the Save button when a file is transferred to you.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6989
Message 2 of 10 (16,838 Views)

Thank you very much for replying.

I used to have the "auto accept" feature turned on when I used skype about 2 years ago.

I recently installed it again and I can't locate it anymore.

I already set the save folder but the entire point is to have skype accept files that are sent to me while I'm sleeping or not near my computer.

daat99
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (16,833 Views)

This would definitely have been a huge security risk. Imagine what could have happen if the file was some nasty virus or something like this and it would have been saved on your computer without your approval.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6989
Message 4 of 10 (16,829 Views)

A nasty virus couldn't run itself, either way. And the point is to enable this for trusted contacts.

Fureon
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 10 (16,811 Views)

Exactly.

I'm not worried about viruses because if I'm stupid enough to execute a file I'm not expecting then I deserve a virus...

The entire point is to allow people to send me files when I'm offline so I could view them later using skype (email blocks most of them).

daat99
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (16,806 Views)

Anyone have an idea where this feature went?

daat99
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (16,796 Views)

I have recently migrated back to Windows from Mac (where Skype very conveniently auto-received my files from trusted contacts.

Is this another thing I will miss about my Mac?

Also interested in the way to do this with windows...
petecutter
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 10 (16,627 Views)

[ Edited ]

petecutter wrote:
I have recently migrated back to Windows from Mac (where Skype very conveniently auto-received my files from trusted contacts.

Is this another thing I will miss about my Mac?

Also interested in the way to do this with windows...

Currenty, this is not supported on Windows.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 9 of 10 (16,622 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have found a way to help making transferring a little easier on Windows. Im not sure of the extent of this as ive never had a file sent to me yet since i turned it on.

Tools>Options>Advanced Options, then at the bottom it says 'When I recieve a file...'  you can choose where the file to be saved, so at least that skips the process choosing where to save the file.

This does not mean it is an auto-save, just a option to quicken a transfer of a file.

Hope this helps.

Dayveez
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 10 (3,703 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling