How can I change my video settings?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I change my video settings?

I have a build in webcam on my laptop and it was working fine with Skype's oldest version. But when I upgraded for the new version Skype 5.9 for Windows, it automatically set up my video configurations for a video bluetooth. I  have tried to change the settings going to TOOLS>OPTIONS>VIDEO Settings but it doesn't let me change the webcam. It gives me a black screen with video bluetooth and then the message sayin "no service"

I have untinstall ind install again but is no good. It gives me the same settings as before.

How can I change the video settings from video bluetooth to my laptop webcam.

Please help me!

Thanks

PS: I have attached the screen shot to this message.

ecatalim
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (2,596 Views)

Re: How can I change my video settings?

I have the newest Windows computer, and I am able to adjust the settings of the video by going to the very top left corner of the skype window, click where it says "Skype." When you click there, a drop-down menu will appear. After that, Profile, Change Sounds. After you go to Change Sounds window (that opens up when you click "Change Sounds), on the left side of the window that opens, you click the option that says "Video Settings", then click "Webcam Settings". After that, you can adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, gamma, sharpness, white balance, backlight comp, and gain. I hope this helped! :happy:

Onisionn
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (822 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling