GetLogicProcessor and Kernel32.dll error messages?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

GetLogicProcessor and Kernel32.dll error messages?

[ Edited ]

Just tried to download the latest version of Skype - update these are the 2 messages I'm getting GetLogicProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll and Error 2738

Post transferred to create its own new thread or topic.

Subject/title amended accordingly.

Sara.Moore501
Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 5 (8,769 Views)

Re: GetLogicProcessor and Kernel32.dll error messages?

In order to solve this issue you need to update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6926
Message 2 of 5 (8,455 Views)

Skype Fatal Error, (Kernel32.dll)

This error is common to windows Xp service pack 2.

Resolution:

Note:

The cause of this concern is because the minimum system requirement for Skype to work in windows computer is windows Xp service pack 3.

If still having the same concern try this steps:

• Click start > click run and type in the run box “cmd” press enter
  • Type in chkdsk /r /f
  • Press Y then enter
  • Restart computer
  • Re-launch and sign in to Skype client/application

Additional information:

We can install version 6.3 of Skype which is the recommended version for windows Xp.

• Uninstall Skype
  • If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Akyll
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 146
Message 3 of 5 (2,478 Views)

please fatel error ka koi hal nikaly

mahmood.maher6
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (1,718 Views)

not good

ziddi4u
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (533 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling