Fatal error

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Fatal error

Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

We're using XP, trying to get new downloads, just to get this error = can't even work SkyPe now ...

Welcome any support thanks.

Cotech
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 30
Message 1 of 19 (15,095 Views)

Re: Fatal error

Make sure you have Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8 installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6736
Message 2 of 19 (15,087 Views)

Thanks for support.

We're using XP + service pack 2 + Google Chrome. We've Internet 6 only = too old for use.

Thanks again.

Cotech
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 30
Message 3 of 19 (15,082 Views)

Please install latest Service Pack.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6736
Message 4 of 19 (15,080 Views)

hello.i have the same problem. only this happened after i tried to upload the new skype. i download only the first link because i had already internet explorer 8. but when i tried to get in again to skype, the same fatal error getlogical...opened up. the thing is after i download it and extracted the file this message appeared. "setup cannot update your windows xp files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language" .after i changed the language so they can be the similar and extracted the file one more time, the same message came up again. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...PLEASE..I hope to hear good news from you soon.or any news. thank you.

tasoslll
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 19 (14,774 Views)

What language is/was your XP in?

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1117
Message 6 of 19 (14,766 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can always use Windowsupdate to update your service pack 3 as it will probably pull the appropriate version for your build.  If you want to install the standalone US English XP Service pack 3 update, you can force it by using the following program I made.

pcdust.com/Downloads/LanguageFix/LanguageFix.exe

You may still have to go to "Control Panel" - "Regional and Language Options" and set the "Regional Options" and "Advanced" tabs to English if it still won't run.  Since I don't know what language you had previously, it backs up your current language preference to your desktop.

So if you chose to do so, you can restore it later, by double clicking on the registry file it creates.  Be aware after the update you may have more English dialogs.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 19 (14,745 Views)

Cotech wrote:

Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

We're using XP, trying to get new downloads, just to get this error = can't even work SkyPe now ...

Welcome any support thanks.

Mehret
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 8 of 19 (12,997 Views)

Did you bother reading the solution posted in this thread and countless others?  The solution still has not changed. Nothing fancy just install Windows XP Service Pack 3 to comply with the minimum requirements of Skype.  Skype 6.7 and above will not execute properly without it.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/failed-to-get-proc-adress-for-GetLogicalProcess...

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Message 9 of 19 (10,065 Views)

goog

Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 19 (9,467 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling