Fatal Error...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Fatal Error...

I'm trying to download skype to an alternate computer, but every time it appears to go along smoothly until the end when I get the following message:

Fatal Error

Failed to get proc address for SetDllDirectoryW (kernel32.dll)

I had skype on this system up until about 6 months ago or so, so I don't understand why it 1. quit working and 2. why I can't get it back on.

Any help appreciated.

HS_2020
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 7 (6,292 Views)

Re: Fatal Error...

Does this happen to be Windows 2000?

If so, the last version that seems to work on it is v5.0, which is probably what you had 6 months ago:

oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=95?download

rseiler
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 62
Message 2 of 7 (6,200 Views)

Thanks for responding. Yes, it appears to be Windows 2000. I downloaded that version via the link you provided, and at the end of the installation I received a new message:

Fatal Error

Failed to get proc address for D3DPERF_SetOptions (d3d9.dll)

Sigh.

Any other options for me?

HS_2020
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 3 of 7 (6,195 Views)

This is a DirectX related error. The latest version available for Windows 2000 is v8. I’m not sure, but I think that even Skype 5.0 requires at least DirectX v9.0c. Probably you will need to use an even older Skype version, e.g. 4.2.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6033
Message 4 of 7 (6,178 Views)

That would work, but there are other threads showing that 5.0 works on W2K, assuming DirectX is in place.

DirectX 9.0c used to support W2K, but MS helpfully dropped support for it apparently around February 2010. This is the last one that's supposed to install (they don't even mention W2K in the supported OS's):

microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9033

If that doesn't work, try the next-oldest one here:

oldapps.com/directx.php

Or you could straight off just go way back to a Klassic:

downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-9.0c-download-835.html

rseiler
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 62
Message 5 of 7 (6,168 Views)

I Have a fatal Error failed to get pro address for get logical Proceer information (KERNEL 32.dill) how can i get correct this problem 

nanduwage
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 7 (1,768 Views)

nanduwage wrote:

I Have a fatal Error failed to get pro address for get logical Proceer information (KERNEL 32.dill) how can i get correct this problem 

You will correct this problem by updating your Windows XP installation to the latest Service Pack 3 (SP3).

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12388/why-am-i-getting-a-fatal-error-kernel32-dll-when-i-try-to-l...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6033
Message 7 of 7 (1,762 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling