Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLog...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

If you want to upgrade still, this may cause your update error:

Upon Startup, enter your BIOS Setup utility program (often, press F1 when turning the computer on).

Check your "Disks". You'll have to do some exploring.

See if there is, anywhere, an option for SATA Controlling (or similar).

Windows XP SP3 has a slight issue where if this controller is set to AHCI, the computer will not load from the hard drive.

Change this setting to ATA/Compatibility.

You will get a warning saying that the change may cause your computer to be unusable. Ignore this.

Your computer *should* be able to boot up normally. Only do this AFTER you have finished the update process.

If it doesn't work still, just reverse the setting. No harm done.

xxnate0623xx
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 25
Message 11 of 37 (15,548 Views)

Re: Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

shezi-123456789
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 12 of 37 (15,486 Views)

shezi-[removed for privacy] wrote:

Have you updated your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7366
Message 13 of 37 (15,478 Views)

Dera sir

I use skyp since 2 years that is very good but today skyp have error and i install windows ans install again skyp but i have error Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll)

please help me  how use again skyp

umair.ansari.66
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 14 of 37 (15,444 Views)

umair.ansari.66,

Please install XP Service Pack 3 through automatic/windows updates or the offline installer.

Be sure to download the version designed for the language of your OS.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 818
Message 15 of 37 (15,436 Views)

Hi!

In order to fix this, I'm going to need a bit more information before I can provide some helpful tips.

A) What is your computer operating system?

This can be found in your System Properties, or by holding the Windows key (between Ctrl and Alt) and pressing Pause/Break (generally found in the top right of your keyboard).

Example: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Professional

B) What is computer model/manufacturer?

Example: Dell Dimension 9150

C) What are your system specifications?

Specifically, your RAM (Random Access Memory) and CPU (processor). These can also be found on the System Properties page.

xxnate0623xx
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 37 (15,434 Views)

The only reason for this error message: Fatal Error: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) is that Service Pack 3 is not yet installed on Windows XP system.

GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683194(v=vs.85).aspx

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 17 of 37 (15,427 Views)

^^ This post is correct.

However, some computers have a strange issue. If you upgrade to SP3, sometimes you blue screen upon startup. Please refer to the post at the top of the page if this is the case upon upgrading.

xxnate0623xx
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 37 (15,418 Views)

my system is  pentium 4

2.40 ghz 512 ram

umair.ansari.66
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 19 of 37 (15,404 Views)

umair.ansari.66 wrote:

my system is  pentium 4

2.40 ghz 512 ram

The latest Skype version might not run at all on such old system.

Try to install the older 6.1.0.129 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.1.0.129.msi

After installing this version, make sure to disable the Automatic updates:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Automatic updates ->Turn off automatic updates.

Still, you should update your Windows XP to Service Pack 3.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 20 of 37 (15,401 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling