Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessor...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation on XP SP3

[ Edited ]

shankar_padma wrote:

i have a problem in opening the skype... a fatal error getlogicalprocessorinformation (KERNEL 32.dll) had occured and its nt opening the skpye... plz let me know what 2 do..PLzzz

If you would actually take the time to read the thread you posted in, you would see the solution has already been provided not only in this thread but countless others.

Your computer does not meet Skype's OS/Service Pack requirement.  You will need to upgrade to XP Service Pack 3 via (www.windowsupdate.com) or (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24).  If you do not choose to update your XP Service pack then Skype 6.6 will be the final release that works with your computer.

Skype 6.6

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.6.0.106.msi

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1133
Message 31 of 93 (3,583 Views)

This error occurs on Win XP SP2 when you choose to start Skype automatically on startup. If you get the error, then you have to uninstall and then re-install. Poor service from Microsoft/Skype in these respect as they have no reason to use this function call if a user chooses to start Skype when restarting a PC.

0 Kudos
morrismen
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 32 of 93 (3,574 Views)

[ Edited ]

morrismen wrote:

This error occurs on Win XP SP2 when you choose to start Skype automatically on startup. If you get the error, then you have to uninstall and then re-install. Poor service from Microsoft/Skype in these respect as they have no reason to use this function call if a user chooses to start Skype when restarting a PC.

I don't know how you derived that totally incorrect information.  You my have experienced a different error/conflict with software.  The error in question has nothing to do with Skype automatically starting or not starting.  There is no special/different function call to do that as that registry call has been around since at least Windows 95.  In execution it's the same as double clicking on the executable.  The function call Skype chooses to utilize  is used by the application to derive system information most likely to optimize Skype for your computer.  XP SP2 and below OSs lack that specific functional call, so Skype execution is halted.  I don't believe it's unreasonable to have a minimum system/OS requirement of XP SP3.  It's a 5 year old patch for a 13+ year old Operating System.  Unless you have a specific hardware/software conflict, resource limitation, or serious system performance drop there is no reason other than ignorance why anyone using Windows XP shouldn't already be on Service Pack 3.

0 Kudos
techfreak
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 1133
Message 33 of 93 (3,539 Views)

Salute Sir,

thanks you to resolve our problem...

thanks and appreciate God bless you

0 Kudos
kse.karachi
Novel Tourist
Message 34 of 93 (3,494 Views)

Re: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation

Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation 

0 Kudos
sarvasarava57
Novel Adventurer
Message 35 of 93 (3,467 Views)

You should not dismiss a tech response without reviewing it carefully. I only got the "get proc address" message when I altered to allowing Skype to start when Windows starts. Before that it did not occur. I re-installed V6.6 from the link provided in this thread and the first thing Skype does when it is runs up after just 30 seconds is auto-update to V7. I had to cancel/kill this. Skype appear to be forcing an update anyway. Skype 6.9.60.106 actually works better.

0 Kudos
m0rrismen
Casual Tourist
Message 36 of 93 (3,458 Views)

Please, read this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683194(v=vs.85).aspx

System requirements for GetLogicalProcessorInformation function:

Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP with SP3 [desktop apps only]

All Skype versions past 6.6 require access to this GetLogicalProcessorInformation function. If this function is not present in the kernel32.dll library, Skype will crash. This function is not included in the kernel32.dll library if SP3 is not installed.

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6062
Message 37 of 93 (3,445 Views)

Dear Sir,

my skype dose not working when i open skype but is not opning window xp sp2

i want to make sure how i can do???

Note:see the attached picture ?

0 Kudos
imadkhan41
Casual Tourist
Message 38 of 93 (3,434 Views)

[ Edited ]

imadkhan41 wrote:

Dear Sir,

my skype dose not working when i open skype but is not opning window xp sp2

i want to make sure how i can do???

Note:see the attached picture ?

How many times you need to see this message?

In order to solve this issue you need to update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations.

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6062
Message 39 of 93 (2,129 Views)

Thanks...

After changing the version as mentioned above, it WORKS.

Gr8.

0 Kudos
taj2005_20
Novel Tourist
Message 40 of 93 (2,118 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling