Facebook connection issues

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Facebook connection issues

[ Edited ]

Users who have linked their Skype and Facebook accounts are experiencing issues connecting with their Facebook contacts in Skype. These issues are the result of a change to the way Skype connects to the Facebook service.

We have included a fix in the latest version of Skype, which is now available on the Skype download page.

If you are still experiencing issues connecting to Facebook after downloading the latest version, let us know in the comments.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Please make sure you are using the latest version - currently 6.9.0.106. You can check your version in the menu "Help -> About". If you are running an older version please manually download and install the latest Skype version.

NB: The "Check for updates" features will not yet prompt for the 6.9 update.

View solution in original post
RoyBatty
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Finally fixed! I had removed the Skype app from my FB account (FB contacts disappear from Skype), re-add the App on FB, then sign back into FB thru Skype. Everything good. Mark as solution if this helps you. :robotvery-happy:

Looks like per NormanM it was a FB issue, which is now resolved.

To remove app > FB home > Apps > more > Edit > Remove App

(wait for Skype to remove FB contacts)

To readd app > search for "skype" in FB > Go to App > a blank screen appears (normal)

Now in Skype > Contacts > Contact Lists > Facebook > Connect to Facebook > login > okay (3 times) > Connect to Facebook > DONE!

View solution in original post
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12899
Message 1 of 231 (95,415 Views)

Re: Facebook connection issues

Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12899
Message 2 of 231 (91,871 Views)

Hey, I'm using Skype 6.9.0.106 and I'm still getting the error "Your friend is now offline. They may not have received this meesage." even though they are online and they did receive the message. Also, I get the "Not delivered yet." icon next to the message.

So yeah, it hasn't been fixed yet.

Dario.GdR
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 36
Message 3 of 231 (94,567 Views)

Still having issue with connting to Facebook. I have the lastest edtion of Skype for windows 8 adn I am still having issul.

smuk_draeber
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 27
Message 4 of 231 (93,778 Views)

I did the latest update and my facebook feed isn't showing up at all?

Help

snider63
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 19
Message 5 of 231 (93,764 Views)

Dario.GdR wrote:

Hey, I'm using Skype 6.9.0.106 and I'm still getting the error "Your friend is now offline. They may not have received this meesage." even though they are online and they did receive the message. Also, I get the "Not delivered yet." icon next to the message.

So yeah, it hasn't been fixed yet.

Same thing here... and just now that i thought the duplicate message bug was fixed and i was finally able to use facebook on skype again ;/

Squil
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 6 of 231 (92,153 Views)

Can not sign in

Having real difficulty signing in since downloaded latest version.

Have changed password 3 or 4 times now, can get to my account page, but can not get to contacts and text.

shanghaipotter
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 19
Message 7 of 231 (91,242 Views)

Claudius wrote:

Users who have linked their Skype and Facebook accounts are experiencing issues connecting with their Facebook contacts in Skype. These issues are the result of a change to the way Skype connects to the Facebook service.

We have included a fix in the latest version of Skype, which is now available on the Skype download page.

If you are still experiencing issues connecting to Facebook after downloading the latest version, let us know in the comments.

Claudius wrote:

just had my account unblocked after a long week-new password but now no contacts,no call phones option.whats going on????

acha1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 8 of 231 (90,264 Views)

The FaceBook connection was working fine yesterday. I just upgraded to the newest version of Skype(6.7.0.120) and it still won't connect to FaceBook. I haven't changed anything. I'm using Windows8 firewall, antivirus and antimalware.

wfelter2000
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 9 of 231 (86,938 Views)

wfelter2000 wrote:

The FaceBook connection was working fine yesterday. I just upgraded to the newest version of Skype(6.7.0.120) and it still won't connect to FaceBook. I haven't changed anything. I'm using Windows8 firewall, antivirus and antimalware.

Have you tried to update to the very latest 6.9.0.106 version?

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.9.0.106.msi

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Facebook-connection-issues/m-p/1962633#M189373

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6325
Message 10 of 231 (86,871 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling