Re: Error when logging ing Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Error when logging ing Skype

[ Edited ]

Hello! I just downloaded Skype and made an account. Now when I want to login to Skype, already inserted username and password and after clicking log in, it throws me a window which you can see in the pic.

Any ideas?

tecker136
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 19 (1,969 Views)
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6496
Message 2 of 19 (1,868 Views)

Thank you very much. It works:wink:

tecker136
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 19 (1,854 Views)

:(y): Great. If you have used "the temporary solution" with the /legacylogin switch, could you, please, check if you are able to use the Add a contact function.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 19 (1,847 Views)

Had the same problem, then I've used the temporary solution and it worked but I'm not able to add a contact. Have a brand new computer with the latest versions of Skype and IE...
Thanks
rosanakm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 19 (1,839 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well the 'Add contact function' did not worked! And appeared another problem. I made a restart to my computer and found out that Im back in start. The same problem as first. Well I made through the same procedure and now Skype is working again, but do I have to do this thing everytime I turn on my computer?

Picture what appears after clicking Add contackt

tecker136
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 19 (1,828 Views)

[ Edited ]

tecker136 wrote:

Well the 'Add contact function' did not worked! And appeared another problem. I made a restart to my computer and found out that Im back in start. The same problem as first. Well I made through the same procedure and now Skype is working again, but do I have to do this thing everytime I turn on my computer?

Please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such activities;

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Index-of-file-C-ProgramData-Skype-Apps-login-Solution/m-p/4243...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6872
Message 7 of 19 (1,815 Views)

tecker136 wrote:

If you have created the new shortcut, like this:

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /legacylogin

and you always use this shortcut, and only this shortcut, to start your Skype, then you don't need to redu anything. However, if your Skype is set to start with Windows, then this shortcut will have no effect at all and you will again get the new login screen. If you want to to have Skype to start with Windows, then you need to make a copy of the new shortcut in Windows Startup folder. However, right now it's more important to get you Add a contact function to work, and this may also resolve your problems with the new login screen.

What version of Internet Explorer do you have?

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 19 (1,801 Views)

ruwim wrote:

tecker136 wrote:

and you always use this shortcut, and only this shortcut, to start your Skype, then you don't need to redu anything. However, if your Skype is set to start with Windows, then this shortcut will have no effect at all and you will again get the new login screen. If you want to to have Skype to start with Windows, then you need to make a copy of the new shortcut in Windows Startup folder. However, right now it's more important to get you Add a contact function to work, and this may also resolve your problems with the new login screen.

Well I didnt get any response...

tecker136
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (1,785 Views)

tecker136 wrote:

ruwim wrote:

tecker136 wrote:

Well I didnt get any response...

Here is a Mr. FixIT

http://blogs.technet.com/b/fixit4me/archive/2009/03/31/error-code-2738-when-running-a-microsoft-fix-...

Click the FixIt Button

Check if the error persists.

Also Refer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949140

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6872
Message 10 of 19 (1,782 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling