Error Message - Disk I/O.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Error Message - Disk I/O.

[ Edited ]

Disk I/O. Quit and Restart Skype. If you keep seeing this error. Please contact Skype Support

On thursday last I went to use Skype, a message had arrived in me absence to suggest updating Skype to the latest version. I did this and now I have no access to loggin so was wondering if you get a quick simple solution for this error. After installin the upgrade, I get the above error after loggin in.

I use an Apple Mac Book Pro, version 10.6.8 of Mac OS X, hope this helps

look forward to your help if poss

Pipsasta

pipsasta
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (274 Views)

Re: Error Message - Disk I/O.

while logging in m also getting a message "Disk full"..My OS is Windows 7..plz help..wht is this message for?? n how to correct it??

tainpradhan
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (218 Views)

tainpradhan wrote:

while logging in m also getting a message "Disk full"..My OS is Windows 7..plz help..wht is this message for?? n how to correct it??

Try to reset all Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7346
Message 3 of 7 (217 Views)

thnx ruwim for ur reply.. :happy:. I deleted the folder named as my skype name from the location ~\AppData\Roaming\Skype\the folder name and it resolved the issue.. nw m able to loggin to Skype..

tainpradhan
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (212 Views)

HI there, i am having a same prob as you.. how did u fix in MAC? plz help me...
knnaing
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (191 Views)

I am having the same problem..

Getting this same error after I log in:

"Disk I/O error. Quit and restart Skype.  If you keep seeing this error, please contact Skype support."

Tried quiting and restarting and restarting laptop to no avail....

I am running Skype on a MacBook Air, Max OS X, Version 10.6.8

Can you please provide the solution for Mac also?

hc4
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (161 Views)

Repost to Mac section.
http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/bd-p/Mac
Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8166
Message 7 of 7 (156 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling