Error Code 1603

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Error Code 1603

Hi,

I am an old user of Skype, but recently have a problem upgrading it as everytime i try the installation stops, saying something about a shell-extention and then give me the Error Code 1603.

I read the other entry about the same error code problem, but want to know if I can try the same solution, or is mine different?

Please help me out.

regards,

charles

Karools
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (788 Views)

Re: Error Code 1603

Karools wrote:

Hi,

I am an old user of Skype, but recently have a problem upgrading it as everytime i try the installation stops, saying something about a shell-extention and then give me the Error Code 1603.

I read the other entry about the same error code problem, but want to know if I can try the same solution, or is mine different?

Please help me out.

regards,

charles

Did you ever try the Skype version 5.5.0.110 beta?

skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rzlines
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 62
Message 2 of 4 (780 Views)

You can try the suggestions offered by TheUberOverLord in the thread below, especially the last one.

http://***community.skype.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/cant-install/m-p/32090/highlight/true#M2936

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1421
Message 3 of 4 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here is a direct link to the post that will resolve this. Please note: you will need to copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice:

community.skype.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/cant-install/m-p/32132#M2944

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1615
Message 4 of 4 (772 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling