'Enable Skype Video' Option.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

'Enable Skype Video' Option.

Hello.

Are the 'Enable Skype Video' and 'Start My Video Automatically' options only listed under 'Video Settings' if a webcam was not already selected at the time of installation? Does Skype have to be re-installed before those options are displayed?

When I click 'Video Settings,' it shows my video but the only options are 'Automatically receive video and screen sharing from' and 'Show that I have video to.' 

I ask because my video did not automatically display when I answered a 'call' and I was looking for the 'Start My Video Automatically' and ended up finding it under 'Call Settings.'

Neil
Super Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

your video is only started automatically if you enable the setting in Call settings

also notice that autoanswer must be enabled first (you said 'when I answered', so it was not clear if that meant you answered manually or that Skype answered automatically)

specifically, if you enable autoanswer, then enable the option to autostart video, and finally disable autoanswer, then the option to autostart video is greyed out to signal that it is also disabled

in fact, even though the 'tick' remains in front of autostart video when you disable autoanswer, if you click Save and then go back to confirm the setting, you will see that the 'tick' in front of autostart video has been removed

View solution in original post
Techie1
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 5 (33,318 Views)

Re: 'Enable Skype Video' Option.

your video is only started automatically if you enable the setting in Call settings

also notice that autoanswer must be enabled first (you said 'when I answered', so it was not clear if that meant you answered manually or that Skype answered automatically)

specifically, if you enable autoanswer, then enable the option to autostart video, and finally disable autoanswer, then the option to autostart video is greyed out to signal that it is also disabled

in fact, even though the 'tick' remains in front of autostart video when you disable autoanswer, if you click Save and then go back to confirm the setting, you will see that the 'tick' in front of autostart video has been removed
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 2 of 5 (33,293 Views)

Thanks for clarifying.

Techie1
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 5 (33,286 Views)

why i cnt ust my video call.

Posted from Opera Mini 7
fatie
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (26,637 Views)

Why i cannot use my video
Posted from Lenovo Lenovo A516
Vivian74.lantac
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (8,846 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling