Emoticons Will not display with new version

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emoticons Will not display with new version

Downloaded the new version, and now the (finger) and (wtf) emoticons will not display. Every single other one does display. Why is this happening? I have tried restarting my computer,  and redownloading Skype itself. Is there any way to fix this? I know I have the emoticons display on because every one BUT those ones work. 

ncgriff13
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 46
Message 1 of 61 (81,387 Views)

Re: Emoticons Will not display with new version

These 2 emoticons as well as few other hidden emoticons were removed from the latest Skype 6.14 version:

(fubar)

(finger)

(wtf)

(hollest)

Instead there are several new.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/this-quot-3-quot-message-turns-into-weird-black...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7085
Message 2 of 61 (81,378 Views)

That is dumb as hell. Skype better put them back in, theres no reason to take them out. BS 

ncgriff13
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 46
Message 3 of 61 (81,372 Views)

Some emoticons just dissapeared

Hi all,

with the last version of Skype some of the hidden emoticons have dissapeared. Is that true or only me? I'm talking about (finger), (wtf) and (hollest).

Thanks for the answer.

ClipperCanaya
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 61 (81,276 Views)

(finger) no longer works??

We use the animated emoticons quite a bit (co-workers) and I recently noticed that "(finger)" no longer displays anything in my build of Skype...other animated emoticons work just fine.  Did it get removed for some reason?

swallman
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 5 of 61 (81,296 Views)

Re: (finger) no longer works??

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7085
Message 6 of 61 (81,290 Views)

Would be nice to get an official response as to why they were pulled...doubt that would ever happen though.  Worried about offending someone MS??

swallman
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 7 of 61 (81,289 Views)

These hidden emoticons indeed got removed with 6.14 because of them or their shortcodes having the potential to offend some users. Here's some feedback from users wanting it back, so feel free to show your support there if you are passioante about them: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client-Ideas/Restore-6-13-set-of-emotes/idi-p/2958795

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13576
Message 8 of 61 (81,246 Views)

I can't believe Skype removed my fav emoticons! I bet they didn't even asked for user opinions or feedbacks. Besides, the ":3" weird cat emoticon doesn't work or mean anything (this one should be removed).

Is there any way for you to replace the old emoticons? Please do so. A lot of skype user will appreciate.

dontruko
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 9 of 61 (81,233 Views)

Please give us out (finger) & (wtf) back.  (finger) is the best emoticon of them all.

blondiefied
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 22
Message 10 of 61 (81,178 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling