Download a video message

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Download a video message

Is there any way to download and save a video message?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Joy_deb
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 21
Message 1 of 96 (75,447 Views)

Re: Download a video message

I want to know how to do this, too. I have been unable to find an answer to this in the Skype help area.
TomV46
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 2 of 96 (75,387 Views)

I also need to download my video message. I sent it to my contact but now I need  it, how do you do it?

peter5223
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 96 (75,238 Views)

Hey guys!

The easiest way is to:

1. Open the video in Google Chrome. Enter the Code (in one of the most dramatic prompts know to man, "it is time") and click play.
  2. Once the video is well underway in playing, press F12 to bring up the Developer pane. Under "Frames" click on the header with a jumble of letters and numbers, then scroll down to XHR.
  3. Right click the "flvs-play" resource reference, then either "Open link in new tab" or "Copy link location".
  4. Press CTRL+S then save that file to whatever name you want. Before clicking OK, add the suffix ".flv" ("add that to the end of the name" is what I am trying to say). 

You now have a usable file. Hooray. The other methods still work, this is simply MUCH EASIER. Hope I helped!

AlexMilsom
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 4 of 96 (74,913 Views)

Thanks a lot! You really helped me!
peter5223
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 96 (74,895 Views)

Oh great! I'm really happy to find that there is a way. I've been sending videos of our newborn son to the grandmother abroad, and just realized how great it would be to keep these little memories. But I couldn't find "Frames"? I see ; Elements, Resources, Network, Sources, Timeline, Profiles, Audits, Console and then some other options on the lower right hand side. Can someone please help me to the next step? 

Tiili_
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 96 (74,335 Views)

I found Frames and the header of letters and numbers under the Resources tab but I cannot find XHR anywhere. Can anyone tell me where to go from here or if I'm on the right track?

Thank you.

WLH
Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 96 (74,099 Views)

how do you open the video in chrome?

akshay-raj
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 20
Message 8 of 96 (73,760 Views)

[ Edited ]

I tried to send a message to my laptop account and got the address.

And I found frames under resources, but I can't find out "flvs-play" resource reference,

Please tell me what should i do with it~

amethyst306
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 96 (73,732 Views)

[ Edited ]

amethyst306,

You can use FVD Video Downloader extension for Chrome.

fvd.PNG

Open the Video message in Chrome, enter the code and download it. You can play the downloaded file with VLC media player.

svm.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6095
Message 10 of 96 (73,325 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling