Does the skype status (away, invisible, etc) affec...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Does the skype status (away, invisible, etc) affect how I appear to others on facebook chat?

Or am I always online when skype is online

captain12x
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (5,886 Views)

Re: Does the skype status (away, invisible, etc) affect how I appear to others on facebook chat?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

No - it doesn't.

Your Skype and FB status are independent of each other.

SKYPE MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1226
Message 2 of 8 (5,879 Views)

Selective status display

Hello,

First, how do I select who can see my status?  I want to show one status to my family and a different status to my business associates.  How can I distinguish between them?

Second, is there a "contact us" button?  That would be so much easier than having to figure out this forum.

Third, I was not able to find a "New Post" button; just a reply button.  Absolutely ridiculous to jump through all these forum hurdles just to ask customer support a question!

Thank you.

ampierce66
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (5,850 Views)

Re: Selective status display

• First, how do I select who can see my status?  I want to show one status to my family and a different status to my business associates.  How can I distinguish between them?

Currently there is no option to select a particular status to be shown on ceratain contacts or group of contacts only.  Your status will be shown to all of your approved contacts.  Moreover, you can organize your contacts by creating contact categories.  Below is a link to how to organize/categorize your contacts;

support.skype.com/en/faq/FA421/How-do-I-organize-my-contacts?frompage=search&q=contact+categories&fromSearchFirstPage=false#OrganizeCategories

• Second, is there a "contact us" button?  That would be so much easier than having to figure out this forum.

First, please search support.skype.com, or this forum for existing information that might address or answer your question.  If you can't find one, you can either start a new thread or contact customer service.  

support.skype.com/support_selection (you can find the email us option here)

• Third, I was not able to find a "New Post" button; just a reply button.  Absolutely ridiculous to jump through all these forum hurdles just to ask customer support a question!

Just select the section that you think is closest to your concern, then click the New Message button, that can be found on the upper left hand portion of the page.  Check the screenshot w/c link is pasted below

(http://)i.imgur.com/p1qGe.png

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1417
Message 4 of 8 (5,844 Views)

How can I make me invisible/go offline on Facebook chat in Skype application?
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 8 (5,687 Views)

000 wrote:
How can I make me invisible/go offline on Facebook chat in Skype application?

not possible yet in Facebook chat.  only option is to connect and disconnect.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1417
Message 6 of 8 (5,676 Views)

Do you know why Skype don't offer this essential feature. We would use Skype for business if it only had this feature. :sad:
Ashlin
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (2,801 Views)

I agree! It appears that the only way to be available for business and unavailable for personal chat with Skype is to have separate Skype accounts for business and personal, but as there are any number of possible priority group variations you potentially would need to have a separate Skype account for each and every Skype contact that you have!!!!!!!! :surprised:

For instance, if you finally want to be available for your mother to call, but you don't want your girlfriend, who talks to you every half an hour anyway, to assume that every time your status goes to online it is exclusively for conversations with HER, then how can you practically show your mum that you really can talk with her, and won't be engaged on a call, seeming to ignore her? Is the only real choice Google Circles and invite the specific person or people to a Hangout???! The only problem there is that the older generation have discovered Skype, although they still can't figure out the user interface, which has horrible user interface design problems, where it was better in earlier versions of the product, but they have not discovered Google Plus yet.

igreen
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (2,357 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling