I experienced several times now the following error: Disk I/O error - skype closed unexpected in a conversation or I was unable to log on. I restarted Skype as requested, but it didn't help. So...what shall I do?
My computer is running under windows 7 and I am using Skype 22.214.171.124.
- Enter %appdata%\skype in the Run command (click OK), then look for and delete file named shared.xml.
- restart computer
Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it didn't work. I deleted the file, restarted and the same error still appears when I try to log on. Any other ideas?
- if you have another Skype account, try to log it in. If it works, log it out then login using your original account
- Do a complete uninstall, then reinstall Skype. here is how to completely uninstall Skype (just back-up all important files and information that you feel is important to you)
Please do a Skype reset:
1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.
Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled
2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"
3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"
4. Re-run Skype
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour
If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
This helped me! This fixed my problme. I tried som any things. So many uninstalls, re-installs, disk cleaners, etc... This was the trick!
14-08-2013 06:54 - edited 14-08-2013 06:55
Managed to resolve the issue by deleting the Skype folder from %TEMP%
On Windows 7 do:
1. Start menu, in the search box type %TEMP%
2. You'll see lots of file and folders, look for a folder named "skype" and delete it
3. Start Skype