Re: Disabling Skype Home autostart

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

i add my h u g e disappointment to many other's. i pay for a service and being sack by ads was not included when i subscribed. one solution - use another provider, for the time being and hope they realize how stupid is mking yr customers angry. please!!! fire that dumb, sick person who designed the behavior!!!
0 Kudos
massimotw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 701 of 1,061 (1,239 Views)

[ Edited ]

What the @@@@@ is this "Skype Home" ??? 

Who told them that we need a scrap page to load everytime in front of our faces ???

I want to disable this, for ever,

and I hate the mind that thought of this pimp pop up.

Although I am using Skype, I am going to search and move to other voip programs,

just because of this xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can not just believe it, that there is not an option to disable (as i prefer)

this disgusting pop-up window !!!!!!!!

Who suggested that ??? Was that HITLER ???

0 Kudos
greektrader
Casual Tourist
Message 702 of 1,061 (1,231 Views)

Just adding my +1 to the mass call to kill skype home. You'd really hope a 70+ page thread may have got some notice.

0 Kudos
derleaf
Novel Adventurer
Message 703 of 1,061 (1,095 Views)

Forcing this kind of SPAM on free users is bad enough, but treating you paying customers like this is unbelievable.
And this is my answer to Skype: "The Auto-recharge setting on your account has been cancelled"
If this scrap is not removed until my existing credit runs out (should take 2-3 weeks) my next payment goes to sipgate. Well done Skype! 

aa111
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 704 of 1,061 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]

Will someone at Skype please respond to this thread? All we need to know is if this is going to be fixed, and if so, when.

It must be clear by now that the complaints from users are not going to go away, and with the complaints now spreading on Facebook and news sites, it must also be clear that if you continue to avoid answering users this is likely to blow up in your faces. Skype is a good service (normally), and I don't wish for this to happen, but you continue to ignore users at your peril.

If it is not going to be fixed, at least have the common decency to let us know so we're not left in the dark as to what to tell our users. It is also critical for us such that we can make a business decision as to whether or not the complaints we're getting from our users warrant a decision to move to another provider (or to "put up with it" as it were). In the absence of any guidance from Skype, as time goes on I suspect our users will make the decision for us (and judging from the level of the complaints we might not have much time).

0 Kudos
barfle
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 705 of 1,061 (1,012 Views)

Skype guys, I am using version 5.3.0.116 and I just hate the Skype Home Window and all the pop ups that your software shows.

Please fix that.

0 Kudos
mauricio_seiji
Novel Tourist
Message 706 of 1,061 (976 Views)

mauricio_seiji wrote:

Skype guys, I am using version 5.3.0.116 and I just hate the Skype Home Window and all the pop ups that your software shows.

Please fix that.

Join the club  :happy:. Unfortunately, skype guys do not listen nor care. I reverted back to version 5. You can get it from oldversion . com

-----------------------------
Pissed Off Skype User
0 Kudos
pissedoffskypeu
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 707 of 1,061 (949 Views)

Already filled a refund request. Join the mass :happy:
RRybak
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 708 of 1,061 (1,100 Views)

I agree with this post. Please, for the love of God, remove or give us an option to disable Skype Home. It's a nuisance and an eyesore. When you've got 70+ pages full of complaints, you know you've screwed up.
Charmii
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 709 of 1,061 (1,098 Views)

GET RID OF SKYPE HOME

Don't want to start looking for Skype alternatives but will be forced to.

It's MY COMPUTER so why are YOU SKYPE deciding which screens to open. Hate it, so please disable or have option to do so.

thuizt
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 710 of 1,061 (1,030 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling