Deleting a phone number within a skype contact

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Deleting a phone number within a skype contact

Hi guys

This is doing my head in:

I would like to know how to delete a phone number in an existing contact.

Mousing over one of the numbers in this contact allows clicking the pencil icon to edit, but not for the other two numbers.

This has stumped a few in other forums, and I dont want to go and edit a skype database...

Many thanks!

Neil
Super Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

sorry, but you cannot edit or delete the phone numbers that a contact has included in their own profile, only the ones that you have added to this contact on your system

View solution in original post
mikeymike
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 98 (23,250 Views)

Re: Deleting a phone number within a skype contact

sorry, but you cannot edit or delete the phone numbers that a contact has included in their own profile, only the ones that you have added to this contact on your system

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 2 of 98 (23,223 Views)

Spoiler
How about if I added the number to an existing contact now they dropped that number. This is a very poor interface, if you add something you should be able to delete it.
gjwanner
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 98 (23,177 Views)

gjwanner said:

"How about if I added the number to an existing contact now they dropped that number. This is a very poor interface, if you add something you should be able to delete it."

you can do this

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 4 of 98 (23,167 Views)

Re: Deleting a phone number from my contacts list. ?

Re: Deleting a phone number from my contacts list.  What if they died and I want to eliminate the number?  or if it is a number i added with no name and i don't remember who it is, i want to delete this number.

maryhill
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 98 (22,983 Views)

maryhill wrote:

Re: Deleting a phone number from my contacts list.  What if they died and I want to eliminate the number?  or if it is a number i added with no name and i don't remember who it is, i want to delete this number.

The original topic was Deleting a phone number within a skype contact, which is a bit different from just Deleting a phone number from my contacts list.  The process of deleting a phone number from your contact list is the same as deleting a usual contact.  You can just right-click then select Remove from Contacts.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1672
Message 6 of 98 (22,980 Views)

That does not work in the mac version I'm using you can only block there is no option for deleting.

gjwanner
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 98 (22,972 Views)

gjwanner wrote:

That does not work in the mac version I'm using you can only block there is no option for deleting.

please check this thread;

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/remove-contact-Mac/m-p/48838#M815

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1672
Message 8 of 98 (22,970 Views)

gjwanner wrote:

this is a Windows forum -- please post such questions elsewhere -- thank-you

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 9 of 98 (22,967 Views)

How do I delete phone numbers I've put in my contacts?

suzi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 98 (22,952 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling