Delete or hide my old "Mood updates" on Skype Home

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete or hide my old "Mood updates" on Skype Home

Every time you edit your Skype mood, that mood seems to be broadcasted to all your contacts on Skype home as an "update". How can I delete my own old mood updates? In other words, I might have old mood updates that I don't want people to see anymore in Skype home, so how can I delete those?

I'm aware that I can change my current mood by going to Skype>Profile>Edit your profile>Click on your mood , but I'm referring to the old queue of updates of previous moods in Skype Home.

Someone could post something they no longer want up, as a privacy thing,

or someone could've posted something by mistake,

or someone could've trolled another user and posted crap in their mood, like how friends do if someone is unfortunate enough to leave their Facebook page open, :happy:

or someone could've made typos/mistakes in their mood and it looks silly to have 3-4 updates of fixing typos as an 'update' to all your friends.

If it is impossible to delete your OLD mood updates broadcasted to all of your contacts, then that is ridiculous and should be fixed, OR there should be a warning every time you change your mood:

"Are you sure you wish to post this as your mood? This mood will be pushed into an un-editable queue of updates and will be permanently visible in Skype Home history to everyone on your contact list."

Thanks.

release_22
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 21
Message 1 of 43 (42,161 Views)

Re: Delete or hide my old "Mood updates" on Skype Home

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove your old mood updates from your contact’s Home page. You can delete them from your own Home page but not from your contact’s. It’s indeed ridiculous, but it is how Skype Developers have designed this feature now.

One of very prominent members of Skype Developers group has always his mood message appended with this text:” Don’t trust my mood message!

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5834
Message 2 of 43 (41,950 Views)

hichamdouh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 43 (41,937 Views)

Come on Skype, lets start deleting our mood messages. Not really fair as a lot of us want to delete what we put in ages ago. Can not be that hard to do across all the updates we get from SKYPE. Next update maybe?

release_22 wrote:

Every time you edit your Skype mood, that mood seems to be broadcasted to all your contacts on Skype home as an "update". How can I delete my own old mood updates? In other words, I might have old mood updates that I don't want people to see anymore in Skype home, so how can I delete those?

I'm aware that I can change my current mood by going to Skype>Profile>Edit your profile>Click on your mood , but I'm referring to the old queue of updates of previous moods in Skype Home.

Someone could post something they no longer want up, as a privacy thing,

or someone could've posted something by mistake,

or someone could've trolled another user and posted crap in their mood, like how friends do if someone is unfortunate enough to leave their Facebook page open, :happy:

or someone could've made typos/mistakes in their mood and it looks silly to have 3-4 updates of fixing typos as an 'update' to all your friends.

If it is impossible to delete your OLD mood updates broadcasted to all of your contacts, then that is ridiculous and should be fixed, OR there should be a warning every time you change your mood:

"Are you sure you wish to post this as your mood? This mood will be pushed into an un-editable queue of updates and will be permanently visible in Skype Home history to everyone on your contact list."

Thanks.

alexosman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 14
Message 4 of 43 (41,576 Views)

I'm very unhappy with this that can not delete mood this not nice If I know this before than I never post my mood's make me very unhappy how look like this service?It's look like very massy!Could you change with something with this many people don't like this situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

szikecs
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 5 of 43 (41,079 Views)

thats really ridiculous! the people who have brought into practice this kinds of updates, it is their responsibility to guide us about each & every aspect regarding it. that sounds so embarasing if u cannot help ur self or cannot stop ur freiends from watching ur boring moods! sumbody plz help me
lunisha
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 43 (40,121 Views)

ok we have all voiced this.. many many have.. now are they gonna change it ? is there anyone on this board that works at skype that reads these and takes these requests seriously?  i never post status anymore because of this  on ANY other IM chat or board you are able to delete you OWN history come on !!

sharm
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 7 of 43 (39,624 Views)

Is there any update on this?  I should have complete control over my own data surely?

vikki84
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 43 (38,772 Views)

vikki84 wrote:

Is there any update on this?  I should have complete control over my own data surely?

As stated here, you can delete your mood messages from your own Home page, but the old messages might still be shown on your contact’s home page.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/disable-mood-history/m-p/160696#M16776

There are no new updates on this issue.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5834
Message 9 of 43 (38,434 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just so everyone knows accessing a file called keyval.db from a folder with your screen name by typing %appdata%\Skype in Run from the start menu and renaming it works perfectly to successfully delete previous mood messages from your home page. I've read that this will not delete the mood/status messages from our contact's homepage. That's a drawback because that's the point of wanting them removed in the first place. Skype developers need to work asap to give us this fix. Thanks!

caramelqueen
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 10 of 43 (37,676 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling