CyberLink YouCam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CyberLink YouCam

I have cyberlink youcam installed on my laptop and I wants to use this instead of using integrated Truecam HD camera. Some one told me to go to  skype main window->Tools->Options->Video settings and there I can select CyberLink Youcam from the drop down list. But I can't find Cyberlink youcam there. only one web cam listed on video settings page is HP Truevision HD and there is no drop down box.

Can someone please help me, How can I ingtegrate my cyberlink youcam with skype video call??

I have seen in my friends laptop, while making a video call he can switch between integrated cam and cyberlink youcam, but he also don't know how he did this.

please help me

Thanks and regards

v1rUs
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 13 (11,317 Views)

Re: CyberLink YouCam

Not a single reply for so many days........!! Thats strange.

Any ways I fixed the problem myself, so posting here for others who are facing the same problem.

I uninstalled my CyberLink YouCam and downloaded the latest version, in my case the latest version is CyberLink YouCam 3.5.5.5822 and after installing the latest version I was able to select CyberLink Youcam under Skype>Tools>Options>Calls>Video Settings>Select Webcam.

There under dropdown list I was able to select my CyberLink YouCam.

Cheers.

v1rUs
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 13 (11,204 Views)

hej

andreamusen1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 13 (10,429 Views)

CyberLink Youcam is not a product of Skype.  It's an external/third party software so in cases of problems with that program, it would be best to contact their own customer support.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 515
Message 4 of 13 (10,421 Views)

Thanks for posting this.  I am new to Skype and wanted to be able to use the effects from my cyberlink youcam while skyping.  Much appreciated.

Tanya182
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 13 (9,109 Views)

Hi, I recommend using ManyCam software since it is pretty widely used and confirmed to work well with Skype. Just make sure you choose ManyCam Virtual Cam in video options.

Please try it and say if it works for you.

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 171
Message 6 of 13 (9,062 Views)

hi i have similar type of problem but difference is whenever i want start cyberlink youcam the error message shows that CAUSED STOP and ask to stop programme  when i go for troubleshoot for this problem but it is helping to get of this so i decided to uninstall this programme and reinstall again but i am not able to uninstall this programme from my laptop.i have windows 7 lenovo laptop version of youcam 3.1.so any guys know how to uninstall this programme please help me out.

thanks

aK6684
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 13 (7,755 Views)

cyberlink youcam  always problems // but they must be the cheepest  webcam so all laptops have them / to turn on webcam go to vidio settings on skype  ( crap - not availible ) turn on wedcam - ok settings not avilible ( please plug in a webcasm // or turn your intrnal on (( no settings availible // no info from either skpye or cyberlink // go to messenger ( oh what will not work either as it is now part of skpe and no main page comes up .

rn1950
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 13 (6,949 Views)

Is you webcam listed in the device manager?
Which version of Skype are you using?
Can you please provide logs as described in this link https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12321/how-do-i-create-log-files under Skype for Windows Desktop and attach it to your post?

It is not a real camera, it is a virtual camera so not all the available sotware webcam filters are supported. ManyCam for example is.

Thank you

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 171
Message 9 of 13 (6,945 Views)

this post is not correct ofr w-7

rn1950
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 13 (6,944 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling