Connection Problems

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Connection Problems

My connection is fine.. but my skype connection isn't. I sign in skype and it doesn't connect and it keeps loading.. and this happened like 2 hours ago but i thought it was the other person's connection... I need help fast cause i wanted to calll my friends but now i cant :sad:

Accepted Solution

by Tamim

please add/allow skype program to norton internet security

From main page of NIS, Seclect  >> Personal Firewall >> Program Control >> Personal Firewall General Settings >> Add  >>  locate Skype >>  Allow

View solution in original post
derp9999
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 30
Message 1 of 102 (31,561 Views)

Re: Connection Problems

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed on your computer?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8150
Message 2 of 102 (31,536 Views)

Norton Internet Sercurity... I've tried re installing skype and restarting my computer... just so you know.

derp9999
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 30
Message 3 of 102 (31,521 Views)

[ Edited ]

please add/allow skype program to norton internet security

From main page of NIS, Seclect  >> Personal Firewall >> Program Control >> Personal Firewall General Settings >> Add  >>  locate Skype >>  Allow

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 102 (31,522 Views)

im having connection problems as well i think this is happening to mannnnyyyy people that skype is saying
''skype cant connect''
beng363
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 5 of 102 (31,485 Views)

beng363 wrote:
im having connection problems as well i think this is happening to mannnnyyyy people that skype is saying
''skype cant connect''

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed on your computer?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 102 (31,481 Views)

I am havening connection problems I can log in some times, but other times can, also  I can't msg any one or call anyone one nothing sends or loads :sad: security Norton 360 and I have the setting set to let skype through

sohunreilable
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 102 (31,478 Views)

[ Edited ]

sohunreilable wrote:

I am havening connection problems I can log in some times, but other times can, also  I can't msg any one or call anyone one nothing sends or loads :sad: security Norton 360 and I have the setting set to let skype through

try this.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Log-in-to-Skype/m-p/971488/highlight/true#M71593

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Log-in-to-Skype/m-p/971556/highlight/true#M71609

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 102 (31,470 Views)

Yea! the second link help me thanks your a life saver

sohunreilable
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 102 (31,452 Views)

Open your antivirus/ click on setting/ click on network/ click on control program/ look for skyp in the list of programs and you will see skype is blocked. unblock by setting skype on auto.

deek
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 102 (30,622 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling