Re: problem receving files

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Connection Problems - Appearing offline - Please help us

We could appreciate an aswer from someone of the staff.
As far I can see, there are plenty of people (not only a "small number" :happy: ) having this same problem (appearing offline to their contacts) from several days: at least you could give us a temporary solution, till a new update - fix is released.

Davide3i
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 63 (1,152 Views)

Hi Claudius, cool name.  I'm glad you are aware of the problem and are working on it.  Obviously, I am having this problem, (and am laid up from surgery, would love to connect with my daughter in Egypt, my fiance in Afghanistan).  :sad:  I am technology-deprived.  Some parts of my brain work super well, but not that part.  The whole logfile thing is above my ability I fear, and I'm on pain meds (naturally enhances my cluelessness).  I downloaded Skype yesterday (took a few tries), to my brother's computer, since I'm staying here postsurgically.  Had to eventually download "the long version".  But then it kept saying can not connect.  I hit the heart beat check symbol, and found that some of us were unable to connect.  Wish I could help you with the "logfile thang", but foresee much frustration with that.  Sincerely, "Nurse Kelly" 

NurseKelly2000
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 63 (1,141 Views)

Thanks for all the help so far with supplying the log files. Our engineers are having a look at them and we hope to be able to share more about the problem soon.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10200
Message 13 of 63 (1,118 Views)

Hey again,

Today Skype works, there's no problem anymore. I dunno if you did something but thank you!:bigsmile:

yoshino_7
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 63 (1,116 Views)

unable to send messages to a contact

unable to send messages to a contact.. there is all in my Attachments.

I hope you can solve this problem.Are weeks that I can not write to anyone

magixdevil
Casual Adventurer
Message 15 of 63 (1,110 Views)

Re: Connection Problems - Appearing not connected to Internet

[ Edited ]

When logging in and attempting to add a contact, error message (yellow sign) that Skype Home unavailable, check your connection, no active Internet connection.  Skype is showing offline when in actual fact online, and have good Internet connection.  No phone contact and message availability.  Problem has existed since Saturday, 14 July.  Presently in the Philippines.  Please advise.

Thank you,

Bill Moore

huangfurui2000
Casual Tourist
Message 16 of 63 (1,098 Views)

Re: Connection Problems - Appearing not connected to Internet

Questi sono i miei file di log, spero possiate aiutarmi.

grazie mille :happy:

fedex
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 63 (1,081 Views)

I am still having this problem.  This started last Wednesday for me (11th July).  I then noticed an update was available, launched it and seemed to resolve that night.  However I am trying to connect for my weekly call tonight and the online status will not highlight at all.  I have tried to follow the instructions to send the log file, but failing miserably.  Is there an update on this yet?

rachelo7770
Casual Tourist
Message 18 of 63 (995 Views)

Can someone please advise if a solution has been found to this problem. My mum has been experiencing this problem for the last 4 days and needs some easy instructions on how to fix it....

SharaL
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 63 (986 Views)

Re: problem receving files

Here are may log files.

Thanks!

alessia575
Casual Adventurer
Message 20 of 63 (982 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling