Chat messages won't send

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Chat messages won't send

For the past week, no message I type to any contact will go through.  I consistetnly am getting the Skype version of the hourglass where the circle just spins and spins and spins.  I can't send or receive.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and this did not fix the issue.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

whatinsamhell wrote:

For the past week, no message I type to any contact will go through.  I consistetnly am getting the Skype version of the hourglass where the circle just spins and spins and spins.  I can't send or receive.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and this did not fix the issue.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

This is NOT a fix or solution.

Please right click on the Skype Icon in your system tray and change your status to "Offline" for 5 seconds and then back to "Online".

This forces a status update of all your contacts in your contact list as well as a update of your status without the need to logoff/logon.

Also, if possible, call them Skype to Skype and request they do the same, while you are both online.

View solution in original post
whatinsamhell
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 55 (20,057 Views)

Re: Chat messages won't send

whatinsamhell wrote:

Thanks.

This is NOT a fix or solution.

Please right click on the Skype Icon in your system tray and change your status to "Offline" for 5 seconds and then back to "Online".

This forces a status update of all your contacts in your contact list as well as a update of your status without the need to logoff/logon.

Also, if possible, call them Skype to Skype and request they do the same, while you are both online.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 575
Message 2 of 55 (19,974 Views)

I tried going offline then back online and it still isn't correcting my problem. This happened to be a few weeks ago and I just upgraded and it fixed. I tried this time but it says I have the latest version. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Skype again and I'm still having the same trouble. Just that "not yet delivered" symbol beside every message.
grob
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 55 (19,963 Views)

This still will not fix my problem!
csherwood1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 55 (19,852 Views)

THIS did NOT fix my problem. I still can't send any IM's. Please fix this.
missnayy_
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 55 (19,600 Views)

Please make sure you and your chat partner both are running the latest Skype version as we are constantly tweaking network issues like these: www.skype.com/go/download-beta

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12387
Message 6 of 55 (19,543 Views)

I haven't been able to fix it with the suggestion provided
nydave564
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 55 (19,514 Views)

Same problem here.  Happens intermittently about once a week, only on my laptop (cell, home PC work fine with the same account).  The problem eventually "resolves itself" within a couple days, and nothing I seem to do here (reboot, reinstall, etc.) seems to help.

This issue is maddening.

jacemouse
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 55 (19,383 Views)

This software is an absolute disgrace. Chat never works properly, messages are often delayed by multiple days and it's a 50/50 chance whether a call actually connects or not.

ebuckley002
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 55 (19,363 Views)

I have the similar problem and messages can not be send even when I am changing the status to off-line. In my case I have to reload my laptop to proceed these messages. But as i understand there is no particular way to solve this problem. It is sad.

_Supergirl_
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 55 (19,354 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling