Change snapshot save folder

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Change snapshot save folder

[ Edited ]

How do I change where the snapshots go by default. It has defaulted to one of my vacation folders and I need to change it so they go to their own folder that I create.

gmello
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 27 (22,708 Views)

Re: Change snapshot save folder

Please make sure you are running the latest Skype for Windows ( => http://www.skype.com/download )
Then open "View -> Snapshots Gallery". You can change the folder there.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11880
Message 2 of 27 (15,910 Views)

[ Edited ]

Claudius do you even use Skype? I only ask because your title shows as Community Manager so I am assuming you only moderate this forum and not actually use Skype. There is NO option within View / Snapshots Gallery to change the folder location. In fact the default gallery is so useless the only option is right-click on an image and Delete. Kind of funny Skype has been around for many years and the user interface is still embarrassingly clunky.

GAWD even this forum is clunky! I actually had to go back and edit my paragraphs with two line breaks. JEESH can't Skype get anything right?

Regardless, in the future please do not give out bad or useless suggestions.

Vince.

vincarrillo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 3 of 27 (15,868 Views)

vincarrillo wrote:

In fact the default gallery is so useless the only option is right-click on an image and Delete.

actually there is more you can do if you left-click on a picture in the gallery

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 345
Message 4 of 27 (15,859 Views)

[ Edited ]

only for advanced computer users only.  You can change the default folder of snapshots images by changing the line below (in blue) in the config.xml file (the default location of your profile images will also saved in the new path you will specify).

<AvatarPath>C:\Users\YourComputerName\AppData\Roaming\skype\Pictures\</AvatarPath>

Note:  this suggestion falls under try at your own risk category.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1303
Message 5 of 27 (15,853 Views)

This is very frustrating! I tried to move the pictures to a separate folder, but they won't show up in the Snapshot Gallery after I move them :mad:

cindyb4l
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 27 (15,768 Views)

cindyb4l wrote:I tried to move the pictures to a separate folder, but they won't show up in the Snapshot Gallery after I move them

in addition to moving the files themselves, you would have to change the setting in your confg.xml to point to the new gallery folder

Primemover already described how to change this pointer several posts ago

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 345
Message 7 of 27 (15,762 Views)

I cannot select the snapshot button in d view option, its grayed out...    and I'm not an advance computer user is there a simpler way to fix this??

LoganG89
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 27 (15,714 Views)

LoganG89 wrote:

I cannot select the snapshot button in d view option, its grayed out...    and I'm not an advance computer user is there a simpler way to fix this??

Hi!  It appears your concern is completely different from that of the thead starter.  Unfortunately, thread hijacking is not allowed in this site as such practice may bring confusion in the community forum. 

please visit the link below on instructions on how to create a new thread.  most likely your concern can be easily seen and get accurate responses when placed in the correct section. thanks!

Help Us Help You (How to Start a New Thread)

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1303
Message 9 of 27 (15,710 Views)

I have taken some really cute snapshots of my little grandson and would like to be able to save on my computer in in pictures folder to share with email and print.   How can I do that?  I have tried right click (can only delete), tried left click and nothing happens.  I was afraid to try that "for the experienced" suggestion on the thread.  Help? Thanks....

granmere2008
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 27 (15,581 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling