Cannot hear sound on video call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot hear sound on video call

I've tried a bunch of different things to fix it, but no matter what I cannot hear the other person.  He can hear me fine, but I get absolutely no sound from his end.  He already made sure it's not muted.  Just wondering what tips and tricks there are to fix it so that I can hear him without having to use my cell phone to call.

mlishuslymotvat
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (1,738 Views)

Re: Cannot hear sound on video call

Have you tried to make a call to Echo Sound Test Service (Echo123)? Ask your contact to do the same.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5756
Message 2 of 9 (1,734 Views)

I just tried that and didn't hear anything :sad:

mlishuslymotvat
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (1,714 Views)

What settings do you have for Speakers in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings? Is there more then one option available in the dropdown box?

Can you hear any sound when you press the green test button next to the selection box?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5756
Message 4 of 9 (1,708 Views)

Well I got that part figured out and can hear from the test, but haven't gotten a chance to test it with him while skyping.  Hopefully that fixed it :happy:  Thank you very much for your help!!!

mlishuslymotvat
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (1,697 Views)

Awesome, got everything figured out and it works now!!!  I sent him a link to this so he could see what you had said to do, he did it, and voila!!!!  Thank you again for your help!!!!!

mlishuslymotvat
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (1,690 Views)

I am having the same problem. I can not hear sound. What did you do?
loanne888
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (1,567 Views)

Im experiencing the same problem and other ppl can hear me just fine.. I have tried everything and still no luck.. If someone can please help! Thanks in advance!!

daliciadonatta
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (1,530 Views)

I'm having similar issues with my Android Razormax HD phone. The other person can't hear me but I can see and hear them fine. My mike isn't muted and I don't have an options on my settings list. Help! I want to visit with my new Grandson!
Posted from Generic Android
allangrayek
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (155 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling