Can't sign in to Skype!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't sign in to Skype!

Well, I downloaded the newest version of Skype, and now nothing will work at all. I can't sign into it, and haven't been able to for about four or five days now. I have followed all of the suggestions I understood, and compeltely uninstalled and reinstalled Skype at least three times, and I'm just not sure what else to do. 

Every time I try to sign in, a little spinny circle shows up on the login window, as if it's loading, does that for about three minutes, then tells me it cannot connect. Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
RoarinRainCloud
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 34
Message 1 of 54 (43,968 Views)

Re: Can't sign in to Skype!

i am having exactly the same problem and skype was working fine yesteday today its terrible, internet and connections are all okay too

its an ongoing problem that seems to happen all the time

Please use plain text.
paulseneviratne
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 2 of 54 (43,951 Views)

RoarinRainCloud wrote:

Well, I downloaded the newest version of Skype, and now nothing will work at all. I can't sign into it, and haven't been able to for about four or five days now. I have followed all of the suggestions I understood, and compeltely uninstalled and reinstalled Skype at least three times, and I'm just not sure what else to do. 

Every time I try to sign in, a little spinny circle shows up on the login window, as if it's loading, does that for about three minutes, then tells me it cannot connect. Any suggestions?

What Firewall and Antivirus applications are installed on your computer?

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6382
Message 3 of 54 (43,935 Views)

ChristianO wrote:

I have the same issue on WIndows 7 32bit see attached info. If you guys find the solution, please let me know at: oancea.cristian@yahoo.com Thanks.

Open Windows Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events. Look for any recent error messages with timestamp correspondong to Skype crash.

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6382
Message 4 of 54 (43,934 Views)

I fixed mine by uninstalling McAfee. Something about the Firewall doesn't let you connect, so I hope that helps you guys!!

Please use plain text.
RoarinRainCloud
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 34
Message 5 of 54 (43,920 Views)

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help me sign into skype!!!

[ Edited ]

That is happening to me to ever since i downloaded the newest version of skype i never works now!!! i don't know if it is something with the wifi or the new skype but it wont work!! Please skype fix this!! i haven'T been on skype for about a week now!! And i bet i have like 100 Messages and like 3000 Voice messages plzz....Fix it !!!!!

EDIT : title/message case changed.

Please use plain text.
laylay101888
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 54 (42,408 Views)

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME SIGN INTO SKYPE!!!

What happens when you are trying to SIGNIN to Skype?
Did you receive any error code / messages?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Please use plain text.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6095
Message 7 of 54 (42,407 Views)

It has nothing to do with Firewall.. Skype was working fine untill the microsoft takeover... what is this? Ive not been able to sign in after the takeover... **bleep**
Please use plain text.
chakablazy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 54 (39,847 Views)

I use windows defender for windows 8. should i be having problems signing in to skype?
Please use plain text.
chakablazy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 54 (39,846 Views)

I have good news for some of you that have been getting the blue screen that says "ooops there is a problem we cannot sign in then it has another link that says try again.

I just spent 3 days with Skype's techs and sorry to say it had no idea and their attitude was to get you off their backs as soon as possible when they couldn't;t find the solution

Today I spent all day with microsoft, same result.

As a last attempt I happened to realize that:
My microsoft merged accts were showing a Skype account that I had cancelled the other day.

and that is why although I could sign into my other Skype accts it simple wouldn't allowed them to sign in because the main Skype acct listed with Microsoft was the cancelled one.

So what I did, I went back to Skype support and ask them to unlink the cancelled acct from microsoft, and instantly I was able to sign into Skype with one of my other accts

Skype app should have a way to unlink automatically when that happens.

good luck

Please use plain text.
oct127
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 54 (39,640 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling