Can't see the person i'm talking to

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Can't see the person i'm talking to

Hello!
I'm having a problem with video calls. I can't see the people i'm talking to even if their webcam is on. My skype was working perfectly well when this problem came out all of a sudden. I'm having this problem with all the persons i'm talking to. I've looked for a solution in the settings of skype, of my laptop but didn't find anything. And this is when I found out about this community!
Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this?!
Thanks! 

Accepted Solution

by ruwim

There is not very much you can do using the available Skype options, but what you can try is to reset all settings to default values.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or OK button. The Windows File Explorer will popup. Locate there a folder with the name Skype. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call history. All data are still saved in the Skype_old folder.

View solution in original post
RBN
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 19 (40,718 Views)

Re: Can't see the person i'm talking to

There is not very much you can do using the available Skype options, but what you can try is to reset all settings to default values.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or OK button. The Windows File Explorer will popup. Locate there a folder with the name Skype. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call history. All data are still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7400
Message 2 of 19 (40,697 Views)

Thank you :bigsmile:

RBN
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 19 (40,654 Views)

can't see the telephone page where to dial the number on the key pad

auntiebabs35
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 19 (40,600 Views)

i am looking for the key pad page where to dial the number
auntiebabs35
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 19 (40,598 Views)

where do i fine the key pad to dial a number
auntiebabs35
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 19 (40,597 Views)

hi hello

mae_
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 19 (40,545 Views)

I tried doing this, but it fixed nothing. Could it possibly be on the other persons computer? Or is my computer really just that stupid? lol.

troitsa
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 19 (39,824 Views)

Re: Can't see the person I'm talking to

Hi,

I also have that problem... Do you know how to solve it on an apple computer?

chloeed6
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (39,002 Views)

One of my contacts and I are having the same problem on our iPhone 4. The person who places the call can only hear the other person, while the person who receives that call can both see and hear the other person. 

npl78np84
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 10 of 19 (37,734 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling