Can't make video calls and can't receive incoming ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Can't make video calls and can't receive incoming video calls - rings incessantly

Can someone please, please help me?  I'm having major problems with skype right now.

Before I go into my problem, I'm using Windows 7 and I just uninstalled Skype and reinstalled the latest version and downloaded all the latest plugins for my computer.

What's happening is I call a particular person and my video screen shows up and I see myself, however when the other party tries to accept the incoming call, suddenly it shows that I'm offline on their end and a message comes up that an attempt is  being made to connect back to me.

All the while from my end, skype is making the noise that it makes when it's attempting to reach another party for a phone call... and then when I try to hang up, it doesn't let me, but instead it just keeps making the same noise over and over.

When I try to accept an incoming video call, I click the green button to accept it and it doesn't let me... and the noise that goes along with an incoming video call just lasts and lasts.

This problem has been happening now for more than a week... would really like to resolve this - please help!  Thanks!

Rosie Newman
Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Try to reset skype settings

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Re-run Skype

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

View solution in original post
rosienewman
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (9,683 Views)

Re: Can't make video calls and can't receive incoming video calls - rings incessantly

Try to reset skype settings

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Re-run Skype

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6069
Message 2 of 4 (9,648 Views)

Re: Can't make video calls and can't receive incoming video calls - rings incessantly

I think this may have done the trick - but I won't know for sure until I test it out later with someone from my friend's list. At least the Echo test call worked. I was able to press the "hang up" button and the call actually hung up!
rosienewman
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (9,639 Views)

I was able to follow your instructions on my Win 7 laptop but when going to %appdata% on my wife's Win 8 desktop there is no Skype folder.  Is that possibly located in a different location or does Skype for Win 8 use a different method of registering?

Laotour
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (1,325 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling