Re: Can't hear the other side

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't hear the other side

i do not know what's wrong with my skpye. I can't hear the person on the other side. But my microphone and speakers are absolutely fine. When i do test call, i can't hear the automated voice either but if i go to Tools>Options & try audio settings and try the ring tone, it does play and skpye start up sound everything is fine, just calls i can't hear. i was using 5.3 which had the same problem, now uninstalled 5.3 & installed 5.5 but still the same problem. I'd grately appreciate if someone could help me on this.

danne
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 12 (2,621 Views)

i instructed in one of the topics, i installed the older version 4 and then installed the beta version without uninstalling the older version but i'm still having the same problem. Can you please assist me on this? Thanx

danne
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 12 (2,617 Views)

[ Edited ]

Using your main Skype client program window please do:

Tools -> Options -> Audio Settings

Please check that the proper audio devices are selected and are the same using the basic and advanced settings. If you make any changes, please click the save button.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 759
Message 3 of 12 (2,615 Views)

Danne

I have exactly the same issue. I can call. The person hears me fine. However, I cannot hear the person's response. The same with the test call. Did you get a response to help your settings? I am using a MacBook. Thank you

Cathy
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 12 (2,606 Views)

Hi Cathy,

Surprisingly today when i tried the test call, it worked. I haven't done anything. If you're using the older version, i'd recommend you not to uninstall it but install the beta version and just let your computer rebook. I had done that the other day couple of times, it didnt' work then but now it's working without me having to do anything else. Hope it works out for.

And thanx to Skype team for helping me out on this. Really appreciate it. God Bless ya all!!

- danne

danne
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 12 (2,578 Views)

Before trying to isolate an issue, it's always best that one is running the latest Skype release. Which may in itself resolve the issue.

A new version has just been released July 28, 2011:

Please click the "Get Skype" link at the top of this page and download the normal version of Skype, NOT the beta version to get this new version.

This new version is 5.5.0.112 to check what version you have, using the main Skype client window please do:

Help -> About Skype

Also, please copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice:

support.skype.com/en-us/troubleshooter/Troubleshooter_Call_Quality/1A//no+sound/1307206507?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 759
Message 6 of 12 (2,575 Views)

Having exactly the same problem with my IMac. Rang Apple and they checked out everything and audio is fine. They reckon it is a Skype problem. Works fine on my IPhone and Macbook, but not on my new big desktop. Help!!!!!!

marka
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 12 (2,573 Views)

I'm having the same problem, but on my iphone 3gs. The other party hears me fine, but I can't hear them through the earpiece. When I switch to speaker, it works fine, as does using my earbuds. 

I'm running version 3.01 which I believe is the latest version of the app.

Suggestions?

tomjehu
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (2,519 Views)

Having similar problem. My skype is working fine except for one specific contact that can't hear me. I don't have any problem with other contacts ans so does he. Please help somebody.

sandrey1
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 12 (2,346 Views)

we are unable to hear the voice from other side,
please do help
Yasin786
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 12 (484 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling