Can't hear anything....

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't hear anything....

Recently Skype hasn't been giving me any sound.
I did everything the website told me to do in order to fix the problem, but it still won't work.. I can't hear any of my friends talk, I don't get the notification noise when someone messages me, and I don't hear the ringing when I call someone or they call me.
HELP?

Qkitty
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 7 (6,693 Views)

Re: Can't hear anything....

I've got the same problem! No sounds at all - no one can hear me - no noise - I've done the test, I've uninstalled and re-installed (including the hidden files) - I've done everything every help site suggests!

HELP?

dee_brooks
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 7 (6,616 Views)

I am also having the same issues. i have, also, done all the tests and re-installing, but the problem does not seem to go away. HELP?

creep4life
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (6,468 Views)

I had the same problem for a while and I discovered that it was an error in my audio settings. Go to skype tools>options>audio settings and you should see a box for microphone and speakers, if your friends can hear you then your microphone is working, leave it as is. Now change the speakers to the any of the other choices and test it by calling the skype test call. Test each of the choices in the speakers box and you should find one that works. : )

Jackalope
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 7 (6,044 Views)

Thanks this really worked!

Vimukthi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 7 (5,273 Views)

i tried that and it still dident fix why do i need to restart my skype?

lol.char
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (2,727 Views)

thank you so much sir ! :happy: 

ronyzeran
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (330 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling