Can I use skype while my sister uses facetime to v...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can I use skype while my sister uses facetime to video chat each other?

My sister has an IPHONE and has facetime, I have my PC and have skype can we video chat together?

heidimoyer1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (11,899 Views)

Re: Can I use skype while my sister uses facetime to video chat each other?

You cannot connect Skype to Facetime.  However, you sister can install the Skype app, from the app store, on her iPhone.  Then, assuming she has a Skype name/account, you can have Skype-to-Skype video calls between your PC and her iPhone.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1892
Message 2 of 3 (11,885 Views)

Re: Can I use skype while my sister uses facetime to video chat each other?

Typical Apple baloney. Skype is open and will work on Apple devices without a problem, but Apple closes their FaceTime application for Apple only. That's the reason I won't buy Apple products and probably t he reason that Android is eating their lunch in mobile phones now.

Soccerfanyes
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (3,401 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling