Call Failed

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Call Failed

hello

can someone help me as the last few days i seem to have problems when calling another person using skype. It says we are both online, yet everytime we try to call each other we both just get a call failed message, we dont even get the option to answer the call however we are both online and both waiting to pick up the call we know this as we are speaking over the phone while we are trying to do this. The other annoying thing is that it doesnt happen every day, it seems to happen 2 or 3 times in the week. Its very annoying as we dont know whos computer has the problem and we have both tried re-starting but that has not worked. PLEASE HELP

Please use plain text.
emm_a83
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 46 (55,313 Views)

Re: Call Failed

Are you both on the latest version of Skype from www.skype.com/go/download ?
Does the message say "Call failed" or "Busy / Not answered"?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13925
Message 2 of 46 (55,173 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just set up skype on Win7 64b laptop, android mobile, & iPad today. Both ends show the contact as online. When either end tries to make a call it returns a call failed message and the other end never sees an incoming or missed call notification. We've tried 4G & wifi in various combinations. When I last used Skype about a year ago it worked just fine between 2 laptops (same 2 accounts) on 3G & wifi. What's up with the service now? I should say that the test call works fine on all 3 devices. Just can't make any other calls.

Please use plain text.
ProfEngr
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 46 (54,613 Views)

Sorry to butt into this convo...but i"m having the same issue..always says call failed and we are both on the latest version...

Please use plain text.
christieb241
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 46 (54,587 Views)

I am a regular user of Skype to Skype. This problem has suddenly manifest itself where I can skype most people but just one profile is failing with no answer. The other person trying to skype me has the same problem but like me they can skype others successfully. We need tech support to investigate. How do we request their assistance?

Please use plain text.
andrewinuk
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 46 (54,556 Views)

Hi Im also getting tired of this.

Since the 10th of July I find error-reports about this constantly but either nobody "official" replies to it or some donkey comes along with "antivirus settings".

Get it: It worked befor. It doesnt work now. Nothing has been changed in my settings. My partner and I are unable to call each other - we can however both call anybody else without problems. We both tried different accounts, we both tried reinstalling skype etc. pp. Can somebody acknowledge this and tell me that somewhere somebody is working on it? Nobody seems to care about this issue and Im not the only one having it (as I can tell from these and the german forums).

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Mucahontas
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 46 (54,554 Views)

i am having the same problem....i've downloaded the latest version, i see the other person is online, we can write messages but when i try to call or video call it doesn't work....please help

Please use plain text.
julianwerts
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 7 of 46 (54,541 Views)

yes where can we get help for this?????? so frustrating!!!!! 

Please use plain text.
julianwerts
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 46 (54,538 Views)

To everyone here - I have found a solution for the calling problem though i dont know if it works for everybody.

Here is what I did: I asked a friend whom I could call to call me and the partner who I couldn't call in a conference call. Once we were in contact in the conference call (after 6 seconds or so) we hang up again and everything worked again. Hope that helps anyone. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Mucahontas
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 46 (54,531 Views)

HELLO SKYPE PEOPLE!!!!! YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOOSE A WHOLE LOT OF CUSTOMERS, CAN WE GET A HUMAN ON THE LINE TO TRY AND SOLVE THIS PROBLEM????????????  IS THERE NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT WITHIN YOUR COMPANY????

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
julianwerts
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 46 (54,531 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling