CLI commands

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CLI commands

Is there a complete list of commands with descriptions for Skype to be used via command-line interface? I thought these would be in skype-it-administrators-guide.pdf but this important information is apparently absent on all help pages.

Masutin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 8 (16,156 Views)

Where can I find any commands that I can use in a batch f...

Where can I find any commands that I can use in a batch file? E.g. to give skype.exe the login data to sign in automatically?

Masutin
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 8 (15,994 Views)

Re: Where can I find any commands that I can use in a batch f...

The official Skype FAQ provides a list of only few command line options,

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA171/Can-I-run-Skype-for-Windows-from-the-command-line

The list is not only incomplete, but the shown example is even wrong. The correct syntax is:

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /shutdown

and not

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe /shutdown"

Some other, less “official” command line parameters are:

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /username:your user name /password:your password

This will start Skype with the specified account name and password.

"path to skype.exe\Skype.exe" /datapath:”Data” /removable

This will start a “portable” Skype installed at “path to skype.exe” with all data being saved in the “Data” folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6989
Message 3 of 8 (15,992 Views)

Command line switches

Thank you very much! The switches for signing in will do for now. I searched for command line switches but unfortunately didn't find the topic you mention and had to create this.
If I need more, there must be a topic at forum.ru-board.com for Russian-speakers. Hundreds of tools are covered there, and usually the topics have the "header" with lots of necessary information, so you don't have to look for it, a feature that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Masutin
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (15,983 Views)

Re: CLI commands

You can run another skype instance and login as a different user, using annother skype ID at the same time wiht below command line command.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe /secondary

fazeermf
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 8 (7,085 Views)

What are the parameters to sign in using a Microsoft Account. The syntax doesn't appear to work for them.

Works great using Skype names.

AS208
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 8 (6,754 Views)

If you have in mind this type of shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /username:your user name /password:your password

then this indeed works only with Skype names. There is no corresponding type for Microsoft accounts.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6989
Message 7 of 8 (6,736 Views)

I just obtained a Dell Venue Pro 8 running Windows 8 32 bit.  I have installed the newest version 6.16 of Skype. On all my other machines the "/shutdown" closes out Skype but I cannot get it to work on this device. Any ideas?

allenm28
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 8 (2,359 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling