Browser phone number links overlay

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Browser phone number links overlay

[ Edited ]

How can this be turned off?? 

I do web work and it's irritating as heck seeing phone numbers being "Skyped" and so not displaying normally as just regular text.  There used to be a graphic but now it's a blue color overlay. I'd like to think this is optional and not a forced global change.

In tools>options I turned off SkypeNames.exe API access control but this doesn't seem to affect things. Suggestions anyone?

(I'm adding a spoof number for my test purposes 555-555-0000 ) - to add, well this remains normal but right now in another tab I have numbers being changed in appearance by Skype, and I do not use Skype for calls so do not want this.

alum257
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (534 Views)

Re: Browser phone number links overlay

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7395
Message 2 of 3 (519 Views)

Re: Browser phone number links overlay

Many thanks - had not thought to consider a plug-in!! Now removed with relief.
alum257
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (513 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling