Re: Blue Screen at Log In

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Blue Screen at Log In

When I go to log in to Skype, all I get is an empty blue screen with no boxes for user name or password input. I've looked at the masterpost type list for the problem, and followed all those steps to no avail. I'm using Windows 7 at 64bit with Internet Explorer 11. All the windows updates are, well, up to date. Java is working correctly. Nothing else appears to be wrong. It just won't work anymore. 

I just want to be able to talk to my girlfriend, can someone please help. 

ashliel
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (170 Views)

Quit Skype. Make sure that you don’t see any Skype.exe processes in Windows Task Manager.

Create a new shortcut on your desktop

Then input: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /legacylogin

Then Name it Skype Legacy

Then click FInish/OK

Use the new shortcut you created to sign in

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

If you found my post useful, please give "Kudos".
If it helped to answer your problem/question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" so other people can find it easily.
NewHorizon
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 98
Message 2 of 5 (154 Views)

ashliel wrote:

When I go to log in to Skype, all I get is an empty blue screen with no boxes for user name or password input. I've looked at the masterpost type list for the problem, and followed all those steps to no avail. I'm using Windows 7 at 64bit with Internet Explorer 11. All the windows updates are, well, up to date. Java is working correctly. Nothing else appears to be wrong. It just won't work anymore. 

I just want to be able to talk to my girlfriend, can someone please help. 

Try again this:

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on Command Prompt, select 'Run as administrator'.

In the Command Prompt type:  cd c:\windows\syswow64 and press Enter.

Next type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript.dll

Next type this and press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript9.dll

After each Enter you should receive a message saying that DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer.

Make now the test showing if your Internet Explorer can execute JavaScript.

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE 32-bit version) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6078
Message 3 of 5 (137 Views)

Blackmail urgent !!

Hello I am a victim of black mail on Skype, I have being recorded with out my consent, and now I being threatened if I do not pay 600£ on western union, he will ruin my life by posting the recoding to my friends and my family, and I am clueless of what I should do, and I need help before this gets out the name of the user is "dalinda dandon". dalinda.dandon1 lille France. if you could reply to me with an advice and what should I do. Thank you for your help Please help!

MGISTHEONE
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (129 Views)

Re: Blackmail urgent !!

MGISTHEONE wrote:

Hello I am a victim of black mail on Skype, I have being recorded with out my consent, and now I being threatened if I do not pay 600£ on western union, he will ruin my life by posting the recoding to my friends and my family, and I am clueless of what I should do, and I need help before this gets out the name of the user is "dalinda dandon". dalinda.dandon1 lille France. if you could reply to me with an advice and what should I do. Thank you for your help Please help!

send a report at abuse@skype.net

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

If you found my post useful, please give "Kudos".
If it helped to answer your problem/question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" so other people can find it easily.
NewHorizon
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 98
Message 5 of 5 (121 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling