Blocking a contact

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Question!

[ Edited ]

If I block someone on skype, and there were still pending offline messages they didnt get from me, will they still get them when they sign on??

Is there any way to remove those messages? I found out a little too late that there's a one hour time frame, but still looking to see if there's another way I can remove them before they get them.

(big mistake on my part for even sending those messages in the first place) -- immediate help would be great!! -- You can even email me your answer to [***]

dabouncebackkid
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 33 (9,473 Views)

Re: Question!

To stay safe, if you have pending offline messages, you can delete them before they reach the other side by right-clicking on each of the message and choose "Remove message". The other person will not be able to read the message itself, but they may notice the removal.
rini
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 33 (8,464 Views)

Re: Question!

Question... If you block someone whom was on your contact list.... do they remain in your contact list or are they removed after you block them?

RoessBoss
Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 13 of 33 (7,981 Views)

Re: Blocking a contact

Senior citizen here. I've not been able to sign on to Skype for several days. Have used it for approx 6 months. Something had popped up when I was getting a Skype call and I think I clicked 'block' on it....now can't sign or get video calls
Ufie
Casual Tourist
Message 14 of 33 (7,533 Views)

somethinlove wrote:

When you block a person, can they still view messages from previous conversations you two have had?

This question needs to be answered.

DStarr
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 33 (6,146 Views)

somethinlove, yes, unless they have deleted previous conversations , they can still read them.
gothicbat1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 16 of 33 (5,954 Views)

Re: blocking a contact

[ Edited ]

But i want there names off off my list they are on all over place try deleat them block them  But there got be 30 Name want them off

There no one i know not on my contack list please take them of  thank you

EDIT : title/message case changed.

skipngo
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 33 (5,616 Views)

What if they delete you first, then you block them? Can they still see all the conversation history? A answer asap would be great!
Breannaleigh09
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 33 (4,994 Views)

Just blocked someone. how do i report them? A black guy from ghana pretending to be a white woman!
Posted from LG E400
andyburns569
Casual Adventurer
Message 19 of 33 (4,949 Views)

blocking contact

I have searched for four days to fnd out if I have been blocked or deleted as a contact. so before I blast out some inconsiderate person for taking such drastic measure  CAN SOMEONE please tell me the difference. PLEASE I spoke to him ealier in the day everything was ok~ then  3 hours later ~ next ot his name was a cloud with ? mark and pending request contact. I see some of this profile but not all 

sandykane7
Casual Tourist
Message 20 of 33 (4,947 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling