Blocked, yet see the picture.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Blocked, yet see the picture.

Greetings,

Recently I was blocked by someone, therefore in the list instead of the picture there was the usual grey question mark, the mood was grey x, and everything seemed like it was intended to work.

But not long ago when I logged in, I was able to see a different picture at that person's name than what I saw last time (before I got blocked), but everything about that person was still grey, with the status/mood message "This person has not shared their details with you."

Does that mean I am still blocked? if so then how can I see that the person has changed it's picture, why not the grey blocked-question mark? The "Resend contact request" is available.

Or did the person unblock me? but then why I'm showed that message? Or is there an option to block only that part from someone?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

by Neil
the avatar in a user's profile can be set to be Public (i.e. visible to everyone, including Blocked users) or to Contacts Only
View solution in original post
zsombor_varga
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (13,994 Views)

Re: Blocked, yet see the picture.

the avatar in a user's profile can be set to be Public (i.e. visible to everyone, including Blocked users) or to Contacts Only
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 820
Message 2 of 13 (13,898 Views)

Hi, when you see a message in the status as: "This person has not shared their details with you." it means that the contact has deleted you from his list. You can still see the picture cos the profile pic is set to public. :happy:

cv
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 13 (13,649 Views)

What if you have deleted someone and do a search for said person and still see their picture but when doing a search under another name you see a question mark as a photo? Does it mean you are still on their list?

sweet_sunshine
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 13 (13,533 Views)

the question asked by the original poster has been answered

start your own thread for the answer to your new question -- the hijacking of threads is not permitted, sorry

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (13,525 Views)

Neil, I can see one of my contact's picture, their full profile, their status message and everything. The status icon is a white circle with a green outline. I can send them a message and it will say the time when the message was sent ( Hello,  12:11). Do you think I have been blocked. I am not sure what info you can see when blocked.

Thanks

raceman1231
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 13 (12,745 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Neil, I don't agree the question has been answered. The original poster mentioned that he could see a '?' mark but later a profile picture. The responders have said this is due to the profile being set to public. Although it is possible the user changer their settings to public, it is more likely in this situation, that the user unblocked the user. Perhaps allowing the opportunity for the previously blocked person to reapply for a contact request.

If you are not willing to read the posts carefully or failed to understand the question then please refrain from requesting that the thread is closed in future.

marky847295
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 13 (12,413 Views)

[ Edited ]

first of all I did not say that the thead should be closed -- I said I thought the original question had been answered, and still do

this thread is 'owned' by the original poster, and all I did was to tell a potential hijacker to start their own thread

btw, blocking doesn't prevent someone from seeing an avatar if it is already public, so I disagree with your analysis

so if you don't understand the basics, then perhaps you should refrain from offering advice until you do

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 8 of 13 (12,402 Views)

Hello! I really need you help!

I am talking with a person on skype who is always invisible! Because I was susspecting that she is blocking me sometimes I was trying to find out it by this way. When we finish our conversation on skype, I quit and delete my skype name from the platform of skype. I put my name there again and i sign in. When she is on skype I can see her image the flag of the country, the time and the personal greeting that she has. When she is not I cannot see her image but I can still see the other information (flag, time etc etc). Today I did the same but when I signed in again I couldn't seen any of the above information (flag time etc etc) but it says that she is offline. I have never received any notification that she is not sharing her information with me. When i try to find her skype name from the skype search, I find it but it has all the information I mentioned about (without the picture) even if in my skype I cannot see the flag etc etc...what does it mean??PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IT'S AN EMERGENCY!

hans_jones
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (7,048 Views)

Neil, you're just embarrassing yourself in a lame attempt to appear officious. Have some dignity sir.

To the OP, it still seems unclear as to who can see what after deletion. All I can suggest is to stay tuned for a definitive answer..

Jim1234
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 13 (3,058 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling