An error occurred while attempting to create the d...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: An error occurred while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\owner\AppData"

Could you maybe send a snapshot of what you see when you do the following?
Junior098123
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 31 of 46 (1,038 Views)

Re: An error occurred while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\owner\AppData"

Here is the snapshot of settings I have on my computer (Windows 7 Ultimate).

RoamingSecurity.jpg

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7397
Message 32 of 46 (1,024 Views)

I had to delete all the non-admin accounts for it to work correctly.

bobbihill
Novel Tourist
Message 33 of 46 (990 Views)

Junior, did you ever figure it out?  I'm having the exact same problem, I've tried everything on all 4 pages of this thread.

TheShawnReed
Casual Adventurer
Message 34 of 46 (658 Views)

Try to install the Portable Skype version: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/skype_portable
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7397
Message 35 of 46 (652 Views)

TheShawnReed wrote:

Junior, did you ever figure it out?  I'm having the exact same problem, I've tried everything on all 4 pages of this thread.

Download MSI Extractor
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MSI-Extractor-Download-210862.html

Extract Skype Business Installer (SkypeSetup.MSI) with MSI Extractor.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Now Copy / Move the extracted Skype.exe file to C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone folder.

Now try running Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8191
Message 36 of 46 (646 Views)

When I open the MSI extractor and try to extract the skype msi file, I keep getting the error message: "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

TheShawnReed
Casual Adventurer
Message 37 of 46 (638 Views)

Run MSI Extractor with ADMIN rights. (Run as administrator)

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 38 of 46 (635 Views)

The same thing happened when I right-clicked "run as administrator". I've already gone through and made sure I have permission do do everything, I've gone through all the AppData folders and given full permission as already described in this thread.

TheShawnReed
Casual Adventurer
Message 39 of 46 (632 Views)

Have you tried Portable Skype?
When was the last time it was working fine?
Which edition of Windows? Is it 32 or 64 bit?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 40 of 46 (625 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling