An error occurred while applying security settings...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user group. This could be a

Good evening, I need help installing skype because I transfer the messenger for skype and now I can not install skype and appears this message "An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection."

Thank You

Accepted Solution

by ruwim

jorge45 wrote:

Internet explorer 9

Try this:

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on Command Prompt, select 'Run as administrator'.

The Command Prompt window should show:

C:\Windows\System32>

If this is not the case, then in the Command Prompt type:  cd c:\windows\system32 and press Enter.

Type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  vbscript.dll

Type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript.dll

Next type this and press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript9.dll

After each Enter you should receive a message saying that DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer.

Make now the test showing if your Internet Explorer can execute JavaScript.

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

View solution in original post
jorge45
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 38 (54,945 Views)

Re: An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user group. This could

Most likely this error message is caused by faulty installation of Skype Click-to-Call add-on or Skype Toolbar on systems with non-English Windows version.

Try to install Skype using this msi-installer for the currently latest 6.2.0.106 version.

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.2.0.106.msi

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7419
Message 2 of 38 (54,928 Views)

Re: An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user group. This could

Try this.

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Type: cmd and press Enter

Type net localgroup /add Users and press ENTER.

netlocalgroup.PNG

Restart your PC.

Now try to install Skype from this link
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8203
Message 3 of 38 (54,816 Views)

I tried everything and it did not

tank you

jorge45
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 38 (54,745 Views)

Do you receive the same error message using this installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.2.0.106.msi

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7419
Message 5 of 38 (54,736 Views)

I tried everything and it did not

Which edition of Windows?

Local users and groups does not exist in Windows 7 Home Premium.

You can try with this FULL installer

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 38 (54,708 Views)

I've tried everything and nothing

My system is Windows 7 Ultimate

tank you

0 Kudos
jorge45
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 38 (54,661 Views)

Are you logged into Windows with an administrator account?

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 38 (54,660 Views)

yes

0 Kudos
jorge45
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 38 (54,658 Views)

Use Windows Interface and try to create Users group again.

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Type: compmgmt.msc /s and press Enter

Expand System Tools >> Local Users and Groups >> Right-Click on Groups and Select New Group... >> EnterUsers in the Group Name field >> Click Create.

Restart your PC.

Now try to install Skype.

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 38 (54,643 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling