I subscribe to Skype Premium which enables n-way video chat. During my last several calls this has been the issue:
- Party A (me) can see B and C
- Party B can also see the other 2 (A & C)
- Party C can see A, but not B
No matter the sequence for adding folks to the call, this issue is encountered. Looking for troubleshooting suggestions. Thanks.
03-05-2012 03:24 - edited 03-05-2012 03:25
In my experience group video is still not perfected but it's great when it does work. Here are a few steps I've found that can help get group video to work properly:
1) Make sure all particpants are running the latest version of Skype. Don't accept any other way of knowing but clicking on Help > About Skype in Windows, or Skype > About Skype in Mac. If anyone doesn't have v126.96.36.199 for Windows or 188.8.131.52 for Mac, they should update.
2) Start the call as a group call, rather than starting a one-to-one call and then adding particpants. Select all contacts to be on the call and then click Video Call.
3) If any particpant's video still isn't seen, have then turn off their webcam for a few seconds and then turn it back on. That will sometimes jumpstart a reluctant video feed.
Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.