Windows (desktop client) Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Geohexamon

Skype Classic Mode

by Geohexamon on ‎27-08-2014 04:19

In the light of the recent forced update to Skype, many users are forced to forgo their normal experience to try a new experience some people just don't want. I propose that in the next version of Skype there be a mode called Classic mode, and the point of this mode is the modify the GUI as to appear closer to something in the past versions. I propose there be different styles representing the different era's of Skype. For example 4.2 had your profile picture and mood in the top left of the screen, the group call would show a conversation picture despite being in a call or not, and the conversation would show you the participants of a group call despite not being in one you're self. This is what I refer to as the aforementioned "normal experience." Users prefer familiarity, and it's this familiarity that kept users from consciously updating to the latest version of skype. The Classic Mode won't have to be a complete overhaul of Skype as a whole. In face the GUI could keep the color scheme and functions already implemented. I'm proposing a purely graphical adjustment to ease the minds of all the angry users in dismay over the recent changes. I know I speak for many people when I say that this is all we really want. A sense of familiarity from what we used in the past and continued to use until the day we were locked out.

Comments
by HansyRod on ‎28-08-2014 01:13

I totally support this. I haven't upgraded from Skype 5 because I'd much rather have the old look, now I'm being forced to upgrade so I'm a very unhappy costumer right now.

by rutk on ‎31-08-2014 23:15

GUI is one thing.

Second is to remove certificate authentication, which appear after every move or click inside window. Perhaps it's made on Internet Explorer's engine (Trident) and as it's very good Skype 6.x took those 'advantages'.

Maybe I should upgrade to newest version, which I don't want to do, but forcing me to change OS/computer or install newer version of IE (maximum on XP is 7) which is full of holes or just use IE is not what it should be. I know what I want and forcing to update because 'there are useful changes' - can't see any useful for me - won't create new market, just will start collapsing existing.

by tnt2u2 Sunday

ever since microsoft bought skype things have turned to crap.  i now have a new version forced upon me which isn't better and much more junk than the old version.  CHANGE is not progress.

Give us a classic mode so i don't have to put up with some engineers idea of what i need.

Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows desktop quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Labels
Top kudoed authors

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling