Windows (desktop client) Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SlyCooperFan1

Restore 6.13 set of emotes

by SlyCooperFan1 on ‎04-03-2014 03:07

Imagine my disgust seeing some tall cat thing when I try to type out ":3". And the horror when I find out that (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) don't do anything either.

My idea for the Windows client is for Skype to restore the (fubar), (finger), (wtf), and (hollest) smileys and remove the ":3" smiley (and reverting any other changes that were made that I haven't listed). Put the emote set back to the way it was in version 6.13, please!

Thank you all for your feedback, we will raise this with the right team.
Comments
by Duquin on ‎26-03-2014 02:45
Please for the love of GOD get rid of the stupid new cat emote! I don't care about the old hidden emoticons, I just hate this new cat one with the burning passion of a thousand suns. It was a terrible idea and ruins the nature of the emote itself. I don't need a fancy animated picture! I just want my static text cat face :3 Instead of removing it, at least give us the option to turn off/on specific emotes. I know there is a blanket option to turn all emotes off, but I don't want ALL of them gone. Just the retarded cat one.
by Fatbat on ‎26-03-2014 11:59

Imagine my disgust when I jokingly went to give my girlfriend the (finger) and it wasn't there anymore. It's a hidden emoticon, and so those that are so prudish as to be upset about such things won't see it, and probably won't even know it's there. Meanwhile, those of us who have used these emoticons for years have been robbed.

Where do you draw the line? (mooning) is still in, and it could be considered offensive. As are the emoticons for (beer), (drink), (smoking), and (devil) which could all be considered offensive to some people with certain views. Better take them all out too, can't be too PC afterall.

Seriously though, please put the missing emoticons back, and quit messing with things that aren't broken.

by qnestor on ‎26-03-2014 16:19

Hope this counts for something:

PLEASE ! bring those emoticons back. Specially finger

Anyone saying that they were innapropiate or unprofessional.. makes me think.. what next? Spy all conversations and censor foul language as well?

To them I tell them: cut the bs. Grow up.

Back with the funny emoticons!

by Daerdor on ‎27-03-2014 14:34
I have been using those emoticons in many occasions, both in formal and informal chats and sincerely hope they get re-instated.
by Drakth on ‎27-03-2014 16:50

I just registeres just to say that i want the emoticons back, stupid move microsoft.

by noideawhatisthi on ‎28-03-2014 19:50

was not even an exposed emoticon, a lot of people did not even know that finger and wtf exist! not a good excuse u are giving!

bring finger and wtf back! is not offending anyone

by locoamigo on ‎28-03-2014 20:11

Yes. they are hidden and many adults use skype and use these emoticons in good nature. please restore them.

by Bio.N on ‎28-03-2014 22:37

I'm personally upset that the " :I " face has now become the 'Idea' emote. Before, it was a pretty great emote for being grump and upset, now it has become some stupid smile with a lightbulb.

The new cat emote is equally as awful and I hope they revert these emotes completely.

by AustinKent on ‎29-03-2014 01:33

PUT EM' BACK MS!!!!

by draguljevic on ‎29-03-2014 02:56

if something is inappropriate dont use it,. or block that one who sends you a finger,report abuse,clear the history,and you will never see that one ever again,its simple. 

*please.... make at least an option to turn them on\off in IM appearance who needs them,would be also acceptable. or anything to bring them back.  

Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows desktop quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Labels
Top kudoed authors

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling