Windows (desktop client) Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Ahdd

New ads / Ad choices

by Ahdd on ‎29-01-2014 18:06

My idea is, get rid of the new advertisement feature which has been put in and appears at the top of the screen when you're typing in chat with someone

ie:

ADVERTISEMENT HERE

Person you're typing to info here

Chat log here

The ad up top is HUGELY distracting.  I don't mind ads on the contact list or on the status updates page, but when it's where I'm typing to someone its just unbearable. 

This just started today for me and quite honestly it's making me want to switch to another provider for chat like things.

If there was an option to choose where you saw ads that would be acceptable as well, but right now this new thing with the ad popping up up top when I'm typing to someone is horrendous.

Thank you all for your feedback! We will be raising this with the team.
Comments
by Rhainor on ‎13-04-2014 08:14

+1  Extremely annoying.  Please get rid of this.

Ads in IM/VOIP software are bad, m'kay?

by NerdyCanuck on ‎15-04-2014 14:24

I just want to chime in on this - I don't mind ads in my chat windows, but please do something about how they steal focus from the text entry area. It is extremely annoying.

by Philip75 on ‎16-04-2014 15:44

Almost three months and no fix...Skype is dead to me.

by cb900crdr on ‎16-04-2014 16:26

Add me to the list of people annoyed that focus keeps being lost.

by electrofox on ‎17-04-2014 02:14

Seriously Skype/Microsoft, wtf? This is driving me nuts. Really infuriating to constantly get focus taken away from the text box when I'm typing, over and over. Absolutely ridiculous. Thanks in advance for fixing as soon as possible. (It's already been out-standing too long, to be honest. Get this taken care of please.)

by _DR_ on ‎18-04-2014 16:14

I'm close to looking for another chat tool. All day long, i start typing and then have to click in the chat box to start typing again... I've abandoned apps for less than this but I held out thinking it would be a quicker fix. About to bail and take my clients with me to a new app.

by KazRiprock on ‎18-04-2014 20:44

This really needs to be fixed.  Stealing focus from the text box pretty much invalidates the entire reason I opened a message window.

by Cream_ on ‎19-04-2014 12:22
I dont care about the ad, I care about it refreshing or loading and stealing my text boxes focus. Thats really annoying!
by Cream_ on ‎19-04-2014 12:23
Il give it one month and if this isnt fixed I am talking to all my friends about moving to a different platform. This is ludicrous.
by Pete123456 on ‎21-04-2014 14:53

The worst thing about this is that the Ads are for Skype.. the very product we already have, the very product we are TRYING to use!
They want us to spend money on the product that doesn't work correctly because of the advert telling us to spend money on the product!

How about NO!

Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows desktop quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Labels
Top kudoed authors
User Kudos Count

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling