Windows (desktop client) Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos
TemporaryCom

Idea: Remove History - button (maybe located below Send - button)

by TemporaryCom on ‎21-06-2014 18:08

Maybe below Send - button, I would like to see Remove History - button. For faster and easier navigation, and for privacy.

Comments
by mmKALLL on ‎21-06-2014 21:24

I don't personally consider this to be in such a big demand that it should be visible at all times - I guess it would be alright if it were in one of the menus, but isn't it there already?

As for local privacy, you could just disable history saving altogether, no?

by TemporaryCom ‎22-06-2014 16:47 - edited ‎22-06-2014 16:52

Well, if not Button then keyboard shortcut for faster history removal, for example if I have to remove history very fast from lurking eyes keyboard shortcut would be great.

For example: Ctrl + Shift + H + R

And looks like even when you have History set to No History still Skype keeps my chat history and does not remove it automatically, I'm not sure how this feature was suppose to work but it's not removing my chat history. I have to manually remove it every time I start Skype. I think that once No History is enabled I should have a blank canvas when I start Skype right? In my case it's not blank.

by mmKALLL on ‎25-06-2014 01:41

It would make sense to me that when No History is enabled, you would not record any new history, instead of deleting all the previous ones. However, I think that Skype syncs history data when you log in. Unfortunately, I can't help you much further myself.

Is it an issue if you don't start from a "blank canvas" anyway? I wouldn't expect other people to log onto my skype account.. Besides, if it's some sort of immediate screen coverage you are in need of, you could lock the computer by pressing Windows key + L instead.

Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows desktop quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Labels
Top kudoed authors
User Kudos Count

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling