Windows (desktop client) Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ScruffyTheFox

Group chat inviting privacy

by ScruffyTheFox on ‎07-07-2014 03:18

Group chat invite privacy. 

Whenever someone adds your name onto a list of contacts that they wish to add to a new group, the persons (contacts added) get added into the group unwillingly. 

And by "unwillingly" i mean they have no choice or say (option wall asking if they would like to join) availible. 

This annoys me because of all the contacts i have, someone always has the great idea to round up as meny contacts they can list and add them into a group chat at whatever time.

I want an option to asking me if i would like to join, or not to join said group via invite page. 

There are too many people that add me to there groups without asking me, i just get dragged into them with random people i don't know, and it's vary uncomfortable. 

If there is already an option on skype to do this, then my apoligies, but this has been going on for too long, and i'm tired of being dragged into these random group chats.

Thank you 

~Scruffy

Thank you for the feedback. Would other users like to see this feature added? Please include your kudos or comments.
Comments
by jwawrzyn Staff on ‎07-07-2014 19:37
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Thank you for the feedback. Would other users like to see this feature added? Please include your kudos or comments.
by mmKALLL on ‎07-07-2014 21:17

Yeah, a popup message asking whether or not I'd like to join would be a good feature, I think, as long as it doesn't make Skype active or override fullscreen programs or is disablable something like that.

by ljsworld on ‎08-07-2014 23:24

I think this is a great idea.

by sami93 ‎09-08-2014 22:54 - edited ‎09-08-2014 23:04

Hi, I enjoy immensely Skype
The program is super awesome
It is also the site of Iran's me
I'll be happy to see Saytay

download film

by Riyuzakisan on ‎10-08-2014 23:15

This would be a great feature to have. It's pretty irritating to be added to groups that I don't want to be in and have tried to leave, only to be added back. The only real option right now is to threaten the person adding me with removing them from my contacts list.

Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows desktop quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Labels
Top kudoed authors
User Kudos Count

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling