Windows (desktop client) Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
KennySpade

Add option to suppress UI in full screen mode

by KennySpade on ‎15-01-2014 21:50
I run an interview show where we have guests connect via Skype, and would love to get a clean feed of just the guest for our recording. If we could suppress UI in full screen, it would prevent us from having things like low bandwidth notifications or our local video preview show, which would make for a much cleaner look for our show.
Comments
by DalekRegiFire on ‎26-01-2014 00:23

Another thing about suppressing the UI. 

Whenever I'm in a call, and I mute my microphone, the "microphone disabled" NEVER disappears. It's irritating, especially when it gets in the way of a video stream. 

It'd be nice if that could be addressed as well.

by Mirunan Staff on ‎10-02-2014 23:36

DalekRegiFire - can you please file your item as a seperate idea please.

by Mirunan Staff on ‎10-02-2014 23:37
Status changed to: Comments Requested

by ici360 on ‎03-03-2014 22:22

Please do something about this maybe a right click and disable all UI because sometimes the bar fails to go away even in windowed mode and if my friends want to show me something I have to tell them to move it up because the bar won't go away, IDK if it's a bug sometimes it goes away sometimes it doesn't, disableing everything for and enabling it back when you are done with the clean image should be a great feature. Thank you!

Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows desktop quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Labels
Top kudoed authors

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling