Windows (desktop client) Ideas

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
mrmccl04

Add Chromecast Support

by mrmccl04 on ‎04-02-2014 17:48

Chromecast has just been opened up to allow all developers to add in Chromecast functionality to their products. I would love to be able to put someone I am Skyping on my TV, even if the webcam from my computer is still being used. This would allow users to Skpe a friend while still having full use of their computer (i.e. they could type a paper while still being able to really see the person they are talking with, not just having them in a tiny box). Please update your program and/or your phone app to have this functionality (right now Hangouts offers the ability to do so, but have been waiting to see if this feature will be added to Skype before just switching over).

Comments
by Mirunan Staff on ‎12-03-2014 15:02
Status changed to: Comments Requested

by dshiells on ‎30-03-2014 10:56

Chromecast support would be amazing!

by cherryaa on ‎25-04-2014 21:43

Yes, please!

by romwell-live ‎05-05-2014 19:54 - edited ‎05-05-2014 19:55

Chromecast support, please!

by jekasnake on ‎21-05-2014 20:46

Chromecast support, please!

by Damon_2k1kh on ‎31-05-2014 11:09

I think that would be amazing if you can see the person you are taliking with on a big HD screen while you are close to the microphone of your tablet (Ipad, surface,......). I would really recommend to add this extension on the skype software speccially for tablets and smart phones.

by andycrossts 3 weeks ago

Yes. Make this happen.

by Crysfall 3 weeks ago

+1, could be awesome feature for interactive conf call.

by Suyog.doshi a week ago

Yes,, Please please please this would be awesome to see person on TV.. (HD if network supports :bigsmile: )

by Krysti4n Sunday

+1

Announcements

You can submit your improvement ideas to Skype for Windows desktop quickly and easily here.Learn how

Idea submission tips:

• Only one idea per submission
  • Pick a descriptive title

Labels
Top kudoed authors

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling