video snapshot in windows 7...GONE?!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

video snapshot in windows 7...GONE?!

hey there all...

so i just upgraded both the desktop and laptop to windows 7 SP1

prior to that they were running Vista

both machines were able to "video snapshot" with the snapshot button on the top of the incoming vid...hover the mouse, there it is!

now when running skype 5.5.0.113 with windows 7 SP1 that "snapshot" button is GONE, does not come up at all

both machines are top of the line fast quad core, more than adequate memory, network connection blazing fast...is the snapshot function GONE?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

jandrew5
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 24 (2,712 Views)

Re: video snapshot in windows 7...GONE?!

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any system hardware and attached hardware devices by the manufacturers?

Please see this as well, after checking the above:

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10658/How-can-I-ensure-my-DirectX-and-graphics-drivers-are-wor...

You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 501
Message 2 of 24 (2,710 Views)

hi again

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series:  up to date

- Driver Date/Size: 4/20/2011 02:09:06, 676864 bytes

DirectX 11 running

- all displayed tabs "enabled"

i can go to "call" -> "video" -> "video snapshot" and click a snapshot, but the hover button in the incoming vid still does not appear.

thanks again!

jandrew5
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 24 (2,704 Views)

Have you checked this? https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10658/How-can-I-ensure-my-DirectX-and-graphics-drivers-are-wor...

You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 4 of 24 (2,702 Views)

Also, have you for example checked to see if the sound board and video board in your system as well as your CAM have WIN7 drivers that may resolve this issue or are you still using your Vista drivers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 5 of 24 (2,699 Views)

hey there again!

both machines were clean installs of Win 7 Ultimate and updated fully.  the installer not only updated vid/audio/graphics, etc, but i also compared versions to manufacturers updates

no vista drivers left as it was a full install.  snapshot worked perfectly under vista

checked the link you gave me, found out all the graphics and directX versions, components and applications were enabled and updated...

jandrew5
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 24 (2,693 Views)

jandrew5 wrote:

hey there all...

so i just upgraded both the desktop and laptop to windows 7 SP1

prior to that they were running Vista

both machines were able to "video snapshot" with the snapshot button on the top of the incoming vid...hover the mouse, there it is!

now when running skype 5.5.0.113 with windows 7 SP1 that "snapshot" button is GONE, does not come up at all

both machines are top of the line fast quad core, more than adequate memory, network connection blazing fast...is the snapshot function GONE?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

If you can take snapshots via the menu options, then I think it suggest that your webcam/skype is capable of taking snaphots.  well just to make sure that you looking for the snapshots option in the right places, I pasted a screenshot on where you can find the snapshot function in the new version 5.5.  The actual location of this function differs from the earlier versions.

snapshots 5.5.png

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1683
Message 7 of 24 (2,688 Views)

a ha... so the single button is just possibly changed to a new location!

takes a bit of the super convienience factor out of just clicking a singular button once, but this definitely explains my difficulty!

thank you thank you thank you for the clarification
jandrew5
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 24 (2,680 Views)

to be very frank i like the older position Of the snap shot button the new position is sucks evry time you need to click on +ad and the click to snap shot

crezi_hunk
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 24 (2,548 Views)

I totally agree with the comment that the new snapshot button is a huge inconvenience and a step backward. Why would you make it that you have to click twice to take a snapshot? That just makes NO sense! Please, please, please put the snapshot button back on the video screen so that a picture can be taken quickly and easily with just one click. 

blue_ridge
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 24 (2,443 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling