video not showing

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

video not showing

In the box where my video should show there is instead a still photo of some random city by the water, looks like Venice maybe? Where did this photo come from and how do I get rid of it? I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting my webcam to different USB ports, same result. People on the other end of my calls see only this photo instead of my video. I did nothing to change any settings, this photo simply appeared a couple of days ago when I went to make a Skype call and now it is always there. Any suggestions?

gregandirina
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (2,501 Views)

Re: video not showing

What do you see in Tools -> Options -> Video settings? Is your webcam listed in Select webcam box?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6507
Message 2 of 8 (2,498 Views)

yes, webcam is listed in tools/options, light is on and camera appears to be functioning, sound is perfect, but just this weird photo showing

gregandirina
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (2,476 Views)

[ Edited ]

What you are seeing must be something what your webcam’s software or another 3rd party application is producing. Skype is not making photos of Venice or other exotic cities. What is the model of your webcam?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 8 (2,473 Views)

Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000

gregandirina
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (2,449 Views)

What are you seeing if you open your webcam in Logitech software? Logitech installs also some “special effects” application, which may cause what you are seeing.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 8 (2,445 Views)

my computer acer aspire one has had cristal aye in built camera.Lately i canot use it 

even dhow it is in computer programs. It did not operate with skype.where is problem and how to sort ot out please help ar advice. Regards  jojose

jojose
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (2,436 Views)

I have and intergrated webcam and when I first started Skype up it was working, but then I tried a call and my camera would stop working. I could hit a button looking like a video camera and it would come back up for a bit, then disappear again, finally the button going away.

LeafGirl88
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (2,433 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling